Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,946

1 members and 2,945 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Registered User CoinOperatedGirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Grrrr....FB groups!

Preach it!!! There’s this one chick in not to be named fb group that no matter what I say, I am wrong. I just giggle about it at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    There are a few good groups out there... There are a couple Kenyan Sand Boa groups that are frequented by Warren Treacher (sp?) among others, that are big breeders in the KSB community. Both of those groups were very helpful to me when I got my first snake, a KSB.

The 2 leachie groups I've found have been fine, for the most part (except for the random trolls who think housing a leachie in a tub is torture).

I also really like one of the GA local groups (I think it is Georgia royal python kingdom). Many of the GA breeders will post on there.

Most of the BP groups, the geckos groups, and the beardie groups, however, are toxic lol.

It is unfortunate that most sales seem to be moving to FB. I'd love for people to go back to posting clutches and for sales ads on forums like this one more.

One of my best experiences was getting my first boa after seeing litter posts from a breeder on the old boa forums... which I don't think are around any more.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 775 Posts
    I'm also done with keeping fish! And facebook...I deleted my account 8 yrs ago and my stomach problems went away.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyNY For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (02-14-2018)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

I joined the largest one I could find last week (Members wise). My first Reply to a question was deleted by a Moderator. The reason was ( we don't suggest anything that isn't cookie cutter here). The OP question was what could she do in the mean time for a Respiratory infection. She could not get a appointment for a while..there are times you cant dig into everyones personal life and pin them down as to why the Vet Appointment isn't sooner.. All we can do sometimes is suggest things that might possibly help the immediate situation in hopes it helps the animal some.
    --anyway I said to raise the heat some etc.. and posted a link to a Nebulizer that Brian did a video for on Animal Bytes. Ohh boy that was a NO NO

Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RickyNY View Post
    I'm also done with keeping fish! And facebook...I deleted my account 8 yrs ago and my stomach problems went away.
    How long have you managed with keeping fish ?!
    I think the longest I ever managed was about 2 years ..

I get some of my snake food from the local pet store and I have to walk PASSED the tropical fish !!

They probably do that on purpose ... like the supermarkets putting their best sellers in strategic places ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    The beauty of facebook , is that everyone is an instant expert (even those that had 1 snake for 2 weeks) their knowledge is rarely questioned and if it is people just get banned, I have a few friends that have been breeding for years that have been banned from some of those groups, including Justin Kobylka which is laughable.

I don't belong to any of those group the only one I belong too are morphs specific not about advice (so it mainly picture sharing), when it comes to advice I would rather share my knowledge here.
    Lol Justin was banned? He could run circles around just about anybody and possibly everybody .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CALM Pythons View Post
    I joined the largest one I could find last week (Members wise). My first Reply to a question was deleted by a Moderator. The reason was ( we don't suggest anything that isn't cookie cutter here). The OP question was what could she do in the mean time for a Respiratory infection. She could not get a appointment for a while..there are times you cant dig into everyones personal life and pin them down as to why the Vet Appointment isn't sooner.. All we can do sometimes is suggest things that might possibly help the immediate situation in hopes it helps the animal some.
    --anyway I said to raise the heat some etc.. and posted a link to a Nebulizer that Brian did a video for on Animal Bytes. Ohh boy that was a NO NO

Animalbytes? Bah ...

Thanks

This is one of the reasons I have ZERO desire to get my Facebook account back up and running. I hate the idea of everything going to Facebook, I like old school forums. As for the crappy info, that happens on all Facebook groups. I never touched the Mitsubishi Evo Facebook groups because they were full of people with ridiculous claims and horrible info. I stick to my forums

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    There are a few good groups out there... There are a couple Kenyan Sand Boa groups that are frequented by Warren Treacher (sp?) among others, that are big breeders in the KSB community. Both of those groups were very helpful to me when I got my first snake, a KSB.

The 2 leachie groups I've found have been fine, for the most part (except for the random trolls who think housing a leachie in a tub is torture).

I also really like one of the GA local groups (I think it is Georgia royal python kingdom). Many of the GA breeders will post on there.

Most of the BP groups, the geckos groups, and the beardie groups, however, are toxic lol.

It is unfortunate that most sales seem to be moving to FB. I'd love for people to go back to posting clutches and for sales ads on forums like this one more.

One of my best experiences was getting my first boa after seeing litter posts from a breeder on the old boa forums... which I don't think are around any more.
    I hate to make a second post back to back on this thread but I feel like I have to comment here!

It is very unfortunate that sales are moving to Facebook! I’ve inquired a few times about different animals on morphmarket and usually get a response of “more pictures and the feeding schedule are located on Facebook. Look me up”
    First off, I don’t have a Facebook so No. Secondly, if you are going to run a BUSINESS through your Facebook you need to be 100% aware of the crap you post. I went to one guys page using my wife’s Facebook account and it was fuuuullll of political crap. I don’t care what you believe or which way you lean. I want to do a business transaction with you. If you have that much political stuff posted you are alienating 50% of your possible customers. I instantly stopped responding to him and went on my way looking for another animal

Keep
    It
    Professional !

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FracksSake View Post
    Animalbytes? Bah ...

Yeah you know the BRB's Youtube Channel? . . . The link I posted is good for someone to understand what product to use etc...

Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast