Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,144

1 members and 3,143 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    I think it's pretty simple, type your post, click preview post, if any :cens0r: appear, try again.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (02-08-2018),dadofsix (02-08-2018),PitOnTheProwl (02-08-2018),Stewart_Reptiles (02-08-2018),Timelugia (02-08-2018)

Thanks
    I can totally see the need for the auto censors. It makes sense for the regular posts, but also in PM due to the large number of creepers around (not on this forum, just online in general). Not having the censors in PM would allow someone to target a member and send them an inappropriate PM...i.e. a young kid, etc..

I am also all for free speech, but I get so tired of people cussing just because they can... I honestly appreciate a forum where people have to have polite discourse. I was on one FB reptile group for a while that had good info, but when "whatever Wednesday" came around each week, it was no holds bare on very inappropriate photos, language, etc... I ended up leaving the group because I didn't want to look at it...it was that bad and I can't imagine if a member had a kid that happened to see some of the stuff that was posted.

Disclaimer: I'm a teacher and work with teens all day who try every way possible to say something inappropriate without actually *saying* something they can get in trouble for. I also hear lots of stories of creepers online soliciting my students (even the elementary kids when playing games online, etc.), so take my opinion with a grain of salt as I may be biased lol.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to artgecko For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-18-2018),CALM Pythons (02-08-2018),Craiga 01453 (02-08-2018),Timelugia (02-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Re: Could We Have a List of All The Bad Words We Cannot Say?

Quote Originally Posted by c0r3yr0s3 View Post
    I may grow old, but I will NEVER grow up
    growing old won't be so bad. people are nicer to u, u get a reduced fare on the bus and when u hop on, peeps will offer u their seat. then all your stuff becomes classic and vintage and may be worth more. imagine how much your Camaro will be worth in like 50years and the radio will continue to play your favorite music on the "classic" stations Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by c0r3yr0s3 View Post
    Pirate bingo? Arrrggggg 36
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Cue George Carlin...

I almost tried to teach myself how to include a link in my post (seriously, not a CLUE how, hahahaha) but figured linking youtube video of George Carlins list of words would be an infraction in itself.

I'm guessing many of our younger members don't even know who he was, sad. He's an all time great comedian and was just a great dude overall.
    who's George Carlin?

i though u may be referring to George Carl, former Seattle Super Sonics coach. he's one of the handful of NBA coaches who have won over 1,000 games! (we never won a championship tho )

Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    I see why you would need to watch what people say in this day and age but I cant help but feel the dialogue here kind of resembles a movie from the 1950's because of it lol. I guess I have a slightly different outlook when someone's kids can have acess to far worse information with a simple Google search. When I was 10 I was on a very popular guitar forum ALL the time...now THAT was some colorful content (they only relied on autocensors and the mods didnt enforce it).....so we became good at adding numbers and symbols to get around it

Just my (respectful of course) $0.02....might want to consider easing up on these rules a bit sometime Im not advocating for pure anarchy, I would just like to talk in something other than the style of the original Leave It to Beaver show.
    gee golly whatta swell idea!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (02-08-2018),Craiga 01453 (02-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    We can always write words that sound dirty but aren't. No I am not even going to temp fate by typing one.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    When you make a post and see the auto censor you always have some time to edit that post.
    Its users choice to fix it before we fix it for you.
    As far as what you should post......some peoples children might not want to see/read.
    oh i see! i actually thought that the "bad" words and person who typed it were uploaded to a BP.net database and a notification would be sent to a Mod and/or Admin. nice to know that we can fix it ourselves before we get dinged Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    I think it's pretty simple, type your post, click preview post, if any :cens0r: appear, try again.
    ohh a simpleton like me didn't realize that. i thought a Mod and/or Admin would still get u!

Quote Originally Posted by CALM Pythons View Post
    The other day my PM had Sensors. I didnt know we couldn't say certain things in a PM. I thought that was the point of a "Private Message". Lol.
    actually that wasn't the case. i remember vividly that me and another forumer friend would have out catty chit chats and swear via PM's. this was maybe a year ago. obviously it's changes since then. but not all Bad Words are on the censor list. this one dude like last month called me a derogatory slur that made it thru the censors.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (02-08-2018)

Thanks

BAMP for Ax!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa - Sir Hiss🎩🐍
    0.1 Pastel Ball Python - Exzahrah
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Nymeria
    0.1 Suriname Red Tail BCC- Sascha
    0.1 WT Ball Python- Ariana
    1.0 Bumblebee Ball Python- Fabio

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

@Mods i want to PM a swear word to Ax
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123