Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,263

4 members and 3,259 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Citron female pairing?

So I'm on the fence on keeping or selling a hatchling Citron female I won thru Facebook on bob Clark's auction... I love her color an them eyes are just incredible... Not sure what to pair her too..

I have a male 50% SD platinum that is het for anery an I plan to breed him to a jampea/ternate that is possible het anery to prove it out ... An keep the dwarf/SD together ......

I have female Golden child het for lavender albino so I definitely want to get a male het or visible lavender to breed to her ..

I was thinking of looking at either a Golden child male that is lavender an produce super Golden child an Citron Golden childs or Citron male that is lavender albino an get titaniums and such..... Or get a Citron male with Maybe a couple genes too it an breed him to her an leave the Golden Child to The Golden Child breeding...
    So I'd have a collection of..
    3.3 ...
    One thing is for sure ..... My girlfriend is going to strangle me, lol.. 5 adult snake was my max......

I realize that I'm several years from breeding but I'd rather make a decision now rather than waiting and putting money in to the snake that I may not keep.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks
    It seems like it would make more sense to get one male that could work with both females or rehome the female and get a male that is citron (and other genes). Citron GC look great, as do citron tigers, but I haven't seen a plain citron before or seen it combined with other morphs (except platinum), so can't give much feedback there. Like with BP breeding, it just doesn't seem to make sense to keep a ratio of 1.1 if you can find a way to make do with less males to accomplish the same goals and with how expensive it is to feed these as adults, I'd think that would be extra incentive to combine morphs where possible.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks

Re: Citron female pairing?

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    It seems like it would make more sense to get one male that could work with both females or rehome the female and get a male that is citron (and other genes). Citron GC look great, as do citron tigers, but I haven't seen a plain citron before or seen it combined with other morphs (except platinum), so can't give much feedback there. Like with BP breeding, it just doesn't seem to make sense to keep a ratio of 1.1 if you can find a way to make do with less males to accomplish the same goals and with how expensive it is to feed these as adults, I'd think that would be extra incentive to combine morphs where possible.
    Agreed...
    Going to try for a Citron GC albino combo...
    If not I'll just go 1.1 an deal... Financially I'm able I've got two years to figure it out I guess...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk