Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,991

1 members and 2,990 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Overly active baby or normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post
    got the temps dialed in perfect now, 85-88 hotspot, 77 in the mid and goes down to 72-73 on the very coolest spot.
    my corn is now much calmer in the tank and is utilizing all hides and branches. it still freaks out a bit when i attempt to handle but its still very young.
    LOL. Yeah the little ones can be scared easily. They are so tiny, and know it! I got Figment at 9G and 5 months or so. He never struck, but was a little wiggly at first. After a week or so, he totally mellowed. Much more as he got older too.

He still moves a lot more when being handled than my BP, and even my BCI, but is 100% non aggressive and has never hissed, struck, etc. He just likes to dart around. Corns are more active and need more support when being held relative to a Boid.

Figment is now 4 1/2 years old or so and 640G and over 5FT!

Here's his thread on the forum: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...nder-Corn-Baby

My how they grow!

Good luck and good job getting temps dialed in! Your little one should never refuse a meal and should be ok digesting in those temps.

Glad he's happier now too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Virago (02-12-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    LOL. Yeah the little ones can be scared easily. They are so tiny, and know it! I got Figment at 9G and 5 months or so. He never struck, but was a little wiggly at first. After a week or so, he totally mellowed. Much more as he got older too.

He still moves a lot more when being handled than my BP, and even my BCI, but is 100% non aggressive and has never hissed, struck, etc. He just likes to dart around. Corns are more active and need more support when being held relative to a Boid.

Figment is now 4 1/2 years old or so and 640G and over 5FT!

Here's his thread on the forum: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...nder-Corn-Baby

My how they grow!

Good luck and good job getting temps dialed in! Your little one should never refuse a meal and should be ok digesting in those temps.

Glad he's happier now too.
    I checked out the thread, very nice corn, is it a Snow? im a little colorblind, looks alot like one i almost got instead of the Motley at my pet shop.
    Cant wasn't till mine grows up a little and handles better. My BP has been a little angel when handling and feeding ever since i got her. The Corns energy is a nice change, keeps me on my toes when handling.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:

dakski (02-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Figment is a hypo-lavender corn.

He is purple, grayish, and pink, with purple eyes.

In my experience, corns change colors more with age than BP’s, for example.

Don't worry, your corn will chill out a lot with age/size and handling.

Good luck! I love corns. They are beautiful and make great pets. They also have more margin for error than boids, for example, because they can stand a wider variance on humidity and lower temps.

They are indemic to the southeast USA where temps and humidity range greatly.

Never heard of an RI with a corn when temps are good and humidity is above 25% and below 70%.

Very hardy and flexible animals.

Enjoy him!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Virago (02-13-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12