Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,112

2 members and 2,110 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Pudding progression thread

It has been like 40 hours since he ate. What are the signs of fully digested snake? or is it hard to tell? He has been in the hot spot until now and he has moved around little bit and went into cool hide. Does this necessarily mean he has fully digested? or is it not related to digestion?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gusanr14 View Post
    It has been like 40 hours since he ate. What are the signs of fully digested snake? or is it hard to tell? He has been in the hot spot until now and he has moved around little bit and went into cool hide. Does this necessarily mean he has fully digested? or is it not related to digestion?
    He is fine. A hiding BP is a happy bp. Moving from hot to cold hide and vice versa is completely normal. They usually are.active when we are sleeping.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnieskys View Post
    He is fine. A hiding BP is a happy bp. Moving from hot to cold hide and vice versa is completely normal. They usually are.active when we are sleeping.

nono I know he is normal and fine haha thanks, but I was just wondering if there is "fully digested ball python behavior" or no. Because my knowledge is that they tend stay in hot spot after they eat, which he did for 2 days. I was like asking what other people's ball python do after eating haha. I probably won't have any worries since he is doing great.
    Last edited by gusanr14; 02-18-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks

nono I know he is normal and fine haha thanks, but I was just wondering if there is "fully digested ball python behavior" or no. Because my knowledge is that they tend stay in hot spot after they eat, which he did for 2 days. I was like asking what other people's ball python do after eating haha. I probably won't have any worries since he is doing great.
    Booplesnoop does exactly the same thing. I don't know the exact length of time for digesting but your time frame is what my snakes do too.

~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Pudding progression thread

My ball python made this weird sound and I checked and he had diarrhea. I looked it up and it doesn’t sound normal or it could be due to stress or something. I do see some solid poops there but I just wanted to check if it is sign of something. sorry for nasty picture but its better than thousand words haha btw he ate live small mouse on Friday. edit- I don't know if it is the water evaporating fast but the water seems to disappear pretty fast. I changed out the water bowl yesterday, and almost half of it is gone already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gusanr14; 02-19-2018 at 04:48 AM.

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Pudding progression thread

Other peoples Ball Pythons do whatever they want to do. There is no norm really. My girls use the Hot Hide sometimes and then use the Cool sometimes. You have to spend months with your snake and then you will understand whats normal for him. Once you figure that out he will totally change and then you will be asking why he has changed his routine. Unless you find him in his enclosure dancing doing the Macarena then I wouldn't worry.

Last edited by CALM Pythons; 02-19-2018 at 08:07 AM.
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Lirenn (02-19-2018),Pengil (03-11-2018),Sunnieskys (02-19-2018)

Thanks
    Now we need someone with cgi skills to make this dance happen rofl!
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnieskys For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (02-20-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

This guy is rolling crazy!!!!

So my weekly schedule is suppose to be Friday. However, I realized that I do not have time to go buy feeders next few days due to school activity and work.
    I just bought it today, and they gave me some foods and I had water ready. I set him in a cage since I use to own a hamster not too long ago, died of an old old age.
    Then I realize him coming out and looking for that food, flicking tongues everywhere so I gave it a shot even though it wasn't a scheduled date, risky but I just had good feelings.
    He went bammmmm on that mouse right away,
    I know you guys suggested a weekly schedule first, and I was going to but I could see that snake wanting it. Good thing he is rolling!
    He was known to be a piggy eater and I can see that now.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Just purchased a herpstat 1 redline since it was on sale!!
    Adding one more ball python so might as well get a great thermostat to control them both!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Well, he was refusing rat multiple times and was starting to lose weight so had to get him started again on mouse. Probably will do different approach, switch to frozen mice then to frozen rat rather than live mice to live rat. He nails the mouse as soon as it was in there. And the bag... I kept the mouse in bag to feed later but then I found that the mouse was gone and hole there!!!!!!! Luckily, mouse was kept in small storage room so easy to find. Freaked out

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast