Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,931

0 members and 2,931 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    I am very sorry to hear your snake died.

It's actually quite nice that the pet store is going to have a necropsy done. Please note - IBD can not be diagnosed with the general necropsy. Please make sure they do a full pathology testing of the various tissues as well (brain, liver, etc). When I had this done on two of my boas, the tissues were sent to UC Davis as it wasn't something my vet could do in clinic. It took about a week or so to get the results.
    IBD is nothing to mess around with and like others have mentioned, there are many things that can cause similar symptoms.
    For the Horde!

Thanks

Re: Augustus June 2017 - February 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Right
    Oh look the boy who cried wolf

YOU are not a vet there are many symptoms that can resemble IBD, the truth of the matter is IBD is pretty rare and sadly too many people like yourself go and read symptoms online and all of the sudden diagnose their animal with the worth disease possible they can find, well I guess since some people do the same to themselves (hypochondriacs) why not?
    Wow. Literally everyone else in this thread demonstrated more tact, and sympathy and still got a better point across than you. You added nothing to this thread other then to insult me and insinuate that I want him to have the worst possible disease because, what, attention? I didn't go running into the store banging pots and pans screaming the black plague is infecting the store's snakes.

I went in there quietly, talked to the manager and told him everything that happened with the snake. I told him my thoughts on it and what I thought it was but that it wasn't diagnosed yet and that it would be a good idea for them to do so cause if true, their own stock and breeder they're buying from could potentially be infected.

I just wanted to make this thread to get support just like anyone else does when they make this type of thread, and helpful advice is always a plus. But your post, was nothing but spiteful.

Thank you to everyone else though for having enough respect and human decency during a time like this to not take potshots at me, and offer actual advice. Sorry if this post comes off a little heated but I literally lost this snake today and I'm still trying to mourn over him. And whenever we lose pets, we always have that little thought in the back of our mind wondering if you could have done something better. I'll try and get back with them with the results.

Thanks

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm pretty sure IBD would have killed a python quicker than that.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stheno View Post
    Wow. Literally everyone else in this thread demonstrated more tact, and sympathy and still got a better point across than you. You added nothing to this thread other then to insult me and insinuate that I want him to have the worst possible disease because, what, attention? I didn't go running into the store banging pots and pans screaming the black plague is infecting the store's snakes.

I went in there quietly, talked to the manager and told him everything that happened with the snake. I told him my thoughts on it and what I thought it was but that it wasn't diagnosed yet and that it would be a good idea for them to do so cause if true, their own stock and breeder they're buying from could potentially be infected.

I just wanted to make this thread to get support just like anyone else does when they make this type of thread, and helpful advice is always a plus. But your post, was nothing but spiteful.
    Sorry I don't do sugar coating things when it comes to SERIOUS allegations, nothing I said was untrue was it? YOU came here claiming your snake died of IBD not me, you could have simply said I lost my snake and a necropsy is being performed instead YOU not me JUMP to conclusion.

Am I sorry that the animal died yes however you came here claiming something that is untrue again not me, and when I saw the thread I imidiately look at your history to know when the animal came from, imagine people with limited knowledge doing the same looking back at your previous thread those people might think "OMG Petsmart snakes have IBD".

You just don't go around saying I lost my snake to IBD this is a pretty serious allegations.

On a side note looking at your previous thread I am not surprised the animal died, considering how it looked https://i.imgur.com/AvCmyrF.jpg , it was emaciated underfed and in poor condition (not your fault but not something that should have been purchased as a new owner) and then he was not feeding for you because because of husbandry issues that were pointed out even though at that age they are voracious.

BP in that kind of condition that do not get back quickly on food do not usually live long.

So far everything has gone good for my new BP, now I just need to get him to eat! He is on (frozen) mouse fuzzies at the moment since that was what he was on at the store and I have been warned he likes to not eat some weeks, but this sounds just like any other BP.
    The tank I use is a 30 with a screen top, which I cover about 50% of the top with clear acrylic to help keep in humidity.
    So yeah it's sad but those are facts, now you can argue but I won't return to this thread so have a good day.
    Deborah Stewart

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

KillerKame (02-02-2018),Slicercrush (02-15-2018),Virago (02-02-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12