Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,543

5 members and 1,538 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,531
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Question Is this usually how an online order goes?

I bought my first ball from a breeder at an expo, whose advice to me when my snake wouldn't eat was "well, just slap him in the face with it until he gets pissed off and eats it!"

This time around, I wanted to go with a reputable dealer who I had researched thoroughly before buying. I have read mixed reviews about Bob Clark's customer service, but I read excellent things about his animals so I decided to purchase a baby banana from him today. I tried emailing him twice to no avail.. and I finally gave up and just ordered one off his website. I got no confirmation email.. no email at all.. just a shipping notice about 3 hours later.
    I tried calling him with the number listed on his website multiple times with no answer.

Now, I have never ordered online before but other breeders I had questions for responded right away and were very helpful. Should I be nervous? I took the morning off from work tomorrow to be here when he arrived to make sure all was well. Now I am nervous in the event that not all is well, I have no proof of purchase or anything and no communication with the breeder. Is this usually how it goes?

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Is this usually how an online order goes?

Quote Originally Posted by krampvs View Post
    I bought my first ball from a breeder at an expo, whose advice to me when my snake wouldn't eat was "well, just slap him in the face with it until he gets pissed off and eats it!"

This time around, I wanted to go with a reputable dealer who I had researched thoroughly before buying. I have read mixed reviews about Bob Clark's customer service, but I read excellent things about his animals so I decided to purchase a baby banana from him today. I tried emailing him twice to no avail.. and I finally gave up and just ordered one off his website. I got no confirmation email.. no email at all.. just a shipping notice about 3 hours later.
    I tried calling him with the number listed on his website multiple times with no answer.

Now, I have never ordered online before but other breeders I had questions for responded right away and were very helpful. Should I be nervous? I took the morning off from work tomorrow to be here when he arrived to make sure all was well. Now I am nervous in the event that not all is well, I have no proof of purchase or anything and no communication with the breeder. Is this usually how it goes?
    As far as Im concerned he is one of the Best old timers around. When you say you emailed him how long did you wait for a reply? He has Thousands of snakes on hand and travels around the US & outside the country for shows. When I emailed him he ended up contacting me himself a couple days later. He obviously has employees ect but he is hands on too. He isn't a small breeder that sits around online obviously thats why he has all the FAQS and info on the website. If you dealt with him you'll be happy. I have a friend with 15 of his Retics and has never had a problem.

PS: check your junk mail. You will also have a Receipt in the Box.
    Last edited by CALM Pythons; 01-29-2018 at 11:06 PM.
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Thanks

Re: Is this usually how an online order goes?

I've been waiting for just over 24 hours now - but it makes me feel better knowing this is not some off-hand experience and that he usually gets back to everyone right away. My main concern is a healthy animal

4. The Following User Says Thank You to krampvs For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (01-29-2018)

Thanks

I've been waiting for just over 24 hours now - but it makes me feel better knowing this is not some off-hand experience and that he usually gets back to everyone right away. My main concern is a healthy animal
    Your all set. I edited my post but you already replied.. Check your Junk Mail ect.. Sometimes their websites get weeded out and you will get a Receipt with your package. Vin Russo did the same and I got the receipt with Fedex package. Some of these guys are a good bit older and kind of Dry about things. But they have proven themselves 30-40 years ago so they dont care much hahahaha.
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    ----------
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

krampvs (01-30-2018)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's pretty pretty typical from a large scale breeder, communication is usually a hit and miss before and after the sale
    Deborah Stewart

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

krampvs (01-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    I'm assuming you got something through Paypal or an invoice directly from him. That would be your receipt. While i have never dealt with Bob Clark, like Deborah calm said, he is busy and he is a larger scale breeder so you probably wont get quick personal responses. This is why i personally try and deal with small time breeders who do it for the fun of breeding and not to make cash. I have always been answered within 6 hours from them and usually end up having conversations with them about other snakes etc. A couple guys who are awesome to talk to are Chris Wolf and Matt Cook. Those 2 would be my go to breeders for locality and obscure locality BCC and anything kahl albino like sunglows, corals, snows and moonglows respectively.

I personally wouldnt worry. I doubt Bob Clark would try and stiff you.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

krampvs (01-30-2018)

Thanks

No, I just placed an order directly through his website. A screen popped up saying that someone would be in touch with me, so I guess I'm just waiting for that. There was a shipping label created but nothing has been sent out yet, which isn't a bad thing since my herpestat isn't here yet

Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,148 Posts
    Not all big breeders are like that. Deal with Garrick, if you want to be treated professionally.

Thanks
    I do think in the future I will try someone a little more responsive.. temps here are in the 20s and I stayed home from work this morning expecting him to come "by 10:30am" says the tracking number... but he wasn't even shipped yet. Hopefully Bob is just waiting to ship until warmer temps come along, but a little communication would ease my mind.

Thanks

I do think in the future I will try someone a little more responsive.. temps here are in the 20s and I stayed home from work this morning expecting him to come "by 10:30am" says the tracking number... but he wasn't even shipped yet. Hopefully Bob is just waiting to ship until warmer temps come along, but a little communication would ease my mind.
    You can go to the Fedex site and set your Preferences to get notifications on the shipping. I understand your excited but it has hardly been 24 hrs since you bought him. It isn't like ordering a Pizza hahahaha. Like Sauzo said if you want to deal with small scale breeders then there is a lot more interaction. Bob does a ton of auctions on his Facebook and he is always at shows in the UK, Germany Etc.. You can not expect he is looking at his computer or phone all the time. He has been breeding and selling for 40 years and he isn't successful by leaving people hanging. There will always be times things don't go as planned but don't get discouraged. You do have to have a bit of patience though. He has a great Rep for his animals.. Yes he is a busy guy but if he wasn't busy that would say something too.
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    ----------
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

krampvs (01-30-2018)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast