Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,937

0 members and 2,937 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

I Need help Leopard gecko is not eating

I need help My gecko is not eating this has been happening for two months but show all signs of a healthy gecko no blood on the poop,is active,84 in the hot hive ,she a fat tail and is not skinny
    but is not eating i tried feeding her super worms ,wax worms ,and crickets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: I Need help Leopard gecko is not eating

Hi! So I’ve had Leo’s hold out for months at a time before they decide to eat again. Mine tend to do this in the winter months then in the summer they jump right back on schedule. If you’re really worried you can either try to force feed them a few meleworms (not too many, don’t over stuff them) or get repta boost and feed it that way. I’ve done the repta boost with one of mine before because she refused to eat and it works well. I’ve had her for years and she’s notorious for not eating so occasionally I step in to keep her healthy. Just follow the directions on the box to make sure you are doing everything right if you’re going to try the boost stuff. You posted this a while ago so hopefully your lizard has eaten by now, id love to hear from you either way! -Sam

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: I Need help Leopard gecko is not eating

Quote Originally Posted by oreo View Post
    I need help My gecko is not eating this has been happening for two months but show all signs of a healthy gecko no blood on the poop,is active,84 in the hot hive ,she a fat tail and is not skinny
    but is not eating i tried feeding her super worms ,wax worms ,and crickets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    LG's can go off feed in winter and also will not eat when in shed.

If the tail is still fat, I wouldn't worry about the not eating. I would offer 1-2X a week until the gecko eats.

However, I would not feed super worms and would would stick to mealworms (mediums - not large), crickets (which I generally am not a fan of), and small - medium dubia roaches. Wax worms are gecko crack and they love them, but they are not very nutritional. Phoenix worms/soldier fly larvae they also love, but are better for them.

However, until the gecko starts eating again, I would stick with what it's used to regarding food.

Are you dusting food with calcium 3X a week and a multi vitamin 1-2X a week?

Also, if the gecko is pooping, isn't it eating also? No food = no poop.

Also, 84 is too low for the hot side. I would keep it 87-90F in the hot spot and about 79-82F on the cool side.

Good luck.