Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,861

1 members and 2,860 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Which 41 qt tub..

Well originally, I was only looking to get a male ball python and set up in 34qt tub when it becomes adult. However, I thought that I could possibly get female if I really like the color lol
    So I was looking into 41 qt tub, which is recommended for female ball python. Is 41 qt also good size for adult male?
    Anyways, I have no idea which 41 qt tub to get. I was looking at the sterlite one which is https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...3=4284&veh=sem

are these what most people use? If not, provide me a link so I could get the right one!

Thanks

Re: Which 41 qt tub..

I use Sterilite tubs.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MD_Pythons View Post
    I use Sterilite tubs.
    The one I linked?

Thanks

Not that specific tub but I use tubs of the same brand.

Thanks

I keep mine in an AP enclosure, however his emergency bin for power outages/"boarding"/moving/vet trips etc is 41 qt bin. I use this https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...hoCWIkQAvD_BwE. It took some work to solder the air holes in as the plastic is a bit thick, but I feel like it is really secure. For living space you'd probably need to cover the outside in dark paper or something or have a rack to put it in for stress purposes.

I just covered it with a dark towel since it is temporary space. There is enough room for two "hides" (cereal boxes) and a water bowl. It's not quite enough room for both fake rock hides (exoterra ex large caves) that I use. (though I'm not sure if you use a rack system is hides are needed - hopefully someone will have an answer for that)

I've have to take him to work for a few days twice since I had him, once when my apt was repainted, and once when I was forced to flea bomb it. He stayed at my work for three days total, and I didn't have to worry about him pushing the lid off or having humidity issues.
    No cage is too large - nature is the best template - a snoot can't be booped too much

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MD_Pythons View Post
    Not that specific tub but I use tubs of the same brand.
    Could I possibly get the link of what you have please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gusanr14 View Post
    Well originally, I was only looking to get a male ball python and set up in 34qt tub when it becomes adult. However, I thought that I could possibly get female if I really like the color lol
    So I was looking into 41 qt tub, which is recommended for female ball python. Is 41 qt also good size for adult male?
    Anyways, I have no idea which 41 qt tub to get. I was looking at the sterlite one which is https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...3=4284&veh=sem

are these what most people use? If not, provide me a link so I could get the right one!
    Those are the ones I have in all of my racks... They are perfect for both male and female adult Ball Pythons. You will want to use the 12" heat tape with those...