Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 899

1 members and 898 guests
Gio,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Re: Why Is The Bamboo Morph Not Popular?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexiel03 View Post
    I can't wait to see what you get! I agree that a combo of DG and bamboo will make some killer babies! Good luck! DG is such an underrated morph IMO

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I think so too.
    DG being underrated is so true and I'm pretty sure I know why. Most people see DG babies and think, that's beautiful but it's so expensive and I can get a beautiful baby with some other lightening morph that looks similar and really pretty too but cheaper. The problem with that is when their cheaper morph baby grows up, unfortunately 99% are not near as bright and beautiful, they lose their contrast and some of the yellow and black combos even go brown instead of yellow. DGs biggest value in my opinion is that they look just as good as an adult as they did as a hatchling, their color and contrast stay amazing. I honestly don't think there is one other morph I can say that about, no doubt their are other beautiful adults out there but not just as beautiful as when they were hatchlings. I think as more DG combos grow to adulthood and more people realize how good they look as adults, it's popularity is going to continue to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by PghBall View Post
    I'm just doing a Bamboo Enchi x Pastel Calico pairing this year. I am thinking of holding back a female or two to eventually work into my Ultramel projects.
    Really good choice on pairing. I think enchi and calico are a couple of the best complimentary morphs for bamboo. Good luck, I hope you hit a enchi calico bamboo, I'm sure it will be stunning!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

Alexiel03 (06-02-2019),PghBall (06-02-2019),Roux (06-02-2019)

Thanks

I have recently put two on hold, a bamboo pastel fire/disco 1.0 and a bamboo pastel female 50% het hypo very excited about this pick up!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caali View Post
    I've been wondering why the Bamboo ball pythons are not as popular as many of the other morphs. When I first decided to get a ball python, I actually wanted a Bamboo ball python but couldn't find even one (there were very few from very sketchy breeder but I didn't want to buy from them since I've heard a lot of bad things).
    Personally I find the Bamboo morph very appealing and I think there are some beautiful combos out there. So to any breeders or just ball python lovers: Is there any specific reason why Bamboos are not that liked? Is breeding difficult or are the combos just not special? Is the maybe that they're just not in demand?
    I'd love to hear opinions.
    I love bamboo morph. Is on my wish list.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234