Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,797

2 members and 2,795 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Morph confusion

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Morph confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Babygecko View Post
    I think it looks like a butter ghost vanilla. Check it out and tell me what u think...another question...what would be a good morph to mix his genes with?? In your personal opinion.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    i'm no morph expert, but i'm not seeing any sign of Lesser in the pattern.

in regards to breeding: take a beat and get to know your new pet before you start thinking of other ones.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Babygecko (01-22-2018),Craiga 01453 (01-23-2018),Kira (01-23-2018),PokeyTheNinja (01-23-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DandD View Post
    First thought.hmmmmm what morph is this?
    second though.hmmmm what morph should I breed him to
    Just wondering lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    i'm no morph expert, but i'm not seeing any sign of Lesser in the pattern.

in regards to breeding: take a beat and get to know your new pet before you start thinking of other ones.
    Of course. Im prob gonna start next year. For now just collecting.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DandD View Post
    First thought.hmmmmm what morph is this?
    second though.hmmmm what morph should I breed him to
    Why would you want to breed something you are getting from CL and that you are unsure of when it comes to the mutation including lineage?

Lineage is important when it comes to specific mutations such as Hypo, people want to know the line you are working with and whether it is compatible or not with what they have.
    Deborah Stewart

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (01-23-2018),Craiga 01453 (01-23-2018),DandD (01-23-2018),PokeyTheNinja (01-23-2018)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Why would you want to breed something you are getting from CL and that you are unsure of when it comes to the mutation including lineage?

Lineage is important when it comes to specific mutations such as Hypo, people want to know the line you are working with and whether it is compatible or not with what they have.
    Here we go again.. The daily Go Getters.. Don't know a thing about a thing and want to produce more things.
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (01-23-2018)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post

I sell locally on CL, because I don't have shipping set up and I always keep track of my lineage for the snakes I purchase and produce.

All of my breeders came from bigger named breeders though. So it is recommended to buy from a breeder that can provide proof and whatnot.

but remember that some people do have to start somewhere to get known, including CL and facebook.
    Almost all of the 2017s I produced sold through CL.

I think they just want some ideas for down the road, they have time to learn about identifying basic morphs and how they work with each other.

I kept bps for 8 years as pets before I started breeding but wanted to breed my own to make stuff I couldn't afford and to learn more about their genetics.

My suggestion to the OP would be to look on worldofballpythons.com to see what kind of basic morphs they like best, learn about what that gene does.

Beautiful bp btw, it's definitely a ghost vanilla. Did he say where he purchased the snake from when you bought it?

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexiel03 For This Useful Post:

purpleroan (03-04-2018)

Thanks
    Just want to give my .02 cents say that snake does have the spider gene, but maybe with a pattern enhancing gene added in. The spider headstamp is often lost with the addition of different pattern-influencing genes but the spider body pattern is still very apparent on this guy. Also definitely has hypo and a lightening gene, like vanilla or pastel. I personally think the label is either correct and you have a busy patterned vanilla spider ghost, or the animal is mislabeled and you have a hypo spider combo that possibly includes (my best guess) mojave AND either vanilla or pastel. I tend to lean towards the former on account of the missing headstamp.

When I saw the pictures it struck me as looking very similar to the mojave humblebees I’ve seen, but without knowing lineage it is just a guess. At the very least your snake is a hypo spider with at least 1 other gene added in.

Do some research, increase your knowledge of different base morphs, how they tend to react when combined with one another etc, and you will be better able to tell what you’re buying and if the person you’re buying from is being legit Don’t worry about breeding just yet, enjoy the snakes you have and when it comes a time they’re big and old enough you can do the research and decide if you really want the work and commitment of breeding, incubating, hatching, raising, and finding homes for the potential babies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123