Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,822

2 members and 2,820 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Grats. now wait until she gets scared of anything except mice haha. My girl is terrified of rats and do rapid machine gun fire of it and then hauls serious scales out of the area haha. I've gotten her to eat a rat 2 times but it involved rubbing them together and then laying them down next to each other on a piece of cardboard. Finally Luna's drive for food overrode her drive for fear and she came over, ate the mouse and inspected the rat and ate it too. The next feeding, she was terrified and did the same thing. I gave up and just feed her FT mice now as those are big enough for her still. I'll worry about switching her when 2 adult mice no longer work and maybe she will view weaned rats as more food since they will be a lot smaller to her.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (01-22-2018)

Thanks

Re: Is it time for a visit to the vet?

Congrats on the successful feed! Dumi's can be very finicky, so don't be discouraged if (when) this happens again. I do think 72 degrees on the cool side seems a bit low, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. At 5 months, my Dumi rarely took food in intervals shorter than 2 weeks, and often preferred to wait longer. I experienced tons of anxiety about it until I realized that she simply has a slow metabolism and prefers to be offered food every 3 weeks or so. Yours looks perfectly healthy and not underweight. Sometimes, they are just finicky little suckers, especially in winter! Mine still won't eat unless it's completely dark and no one is around. She's weird like that. Next time your little one goes off feed, be sure to cease all handling until she eats again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Team Slytherin For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (01-23-2018)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Re: Is it time for a visit to the vet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Grats. now wait until she gets scared of anything except mice haha. My girl is terrified of rats and do rapid machine gun fire of it and then hauls serious scales out of the area haha. I've gotten her to eat a rat 2 times but it involved rubbing them together and then laying them down next to each other on a piece of cardboard. Finally Luna's drive for food overrode her drive for fear and she came over, ate the mouse and inspected the rat and ate it too. The next feeding, she was terrified and did the same thing. I gave up and just feed her FT mice now as those are big enough for her still. I'll worry about switching her when 2 adult mice no longer work and maybe she will view weaned rats as more food since they will be a lot smaller to her.
    Hahahaha well put. Thats to funny. My friend has 2 & both do the same Sauzo. He ends up bringing the rats back to me until he thinks they have their courage up again to try and feed. Very similar tendencies to a Ball is how he explains their feeding to me.. He says if anything gets them into a funk just forget it
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (01-23-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12