Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,924

1 members and 2,923 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Red face Your first snake!!

How did your experince with your first snake go?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    Are you asking how we acquired our first snake or when we first got them home?
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

Thanks

Re: Your first snake!!

When it was brought home

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    Bringing boop home she wanted out of her tub. Would not let it go. My son opened the container and she was all over him lol. She kept Boopi g her face so I named her boop. Later booplesnoop. She acclimated quickly to her enclosure since I had it set up before bringing her home. She ate the first week right away. I love this damn snake lol. She chose us not the other way around.
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunnieskys For This Useful Post:

Destanie (01-20-2018),Snakegirl2017 (01-21-2018)

Thanks

Aww how sweet.

Thanks

When I brought my first boy Meeko home he was so tiny but so so sweet. He was always super chill and pretty much immediately acclimated to his tank. He was a display snake at the reptile store I got him from so he was used to the glass enclosure and being handled and such lol. We had taken him on the day they typically feed them so we decided to try and feed him on his second day home, he ate it happily and hasn’t missed a meal sense (Other then when he’s in shed sense I don’t even try lol)

He’s just as sweet and chill as the day I got him and he has shown many of my friends and family how cool snakes are. Love him to bits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BluuWolf For This Useful Post:

Destanie (01-22-2018)

Thanks

My first snake I brought home was a Plains Garter Snake I caught when I was around 8 years old. After getting bit about 10 times, musked on, then peed on the experience went great until I showed my mom my new pet. The experience then went south again with myself and now my newly acquired snake both knowing we may both die. My dad intervened, built me a wooden cage, and reached a negotiated agreement with my mom. The experience after that was great visiting and holding my snake in the garage each day.
    Ball Pythons are for reptile lovers. Giant Pythons are for snake lovers.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Momokahn For This Useful Post:

Destanie (01-22-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    My first snake was a 3 month old corn snake from SMR. Since I bought her on line, I had no real concept of how tiny she would be. I was amazed when the deli cup arrived! Since I’d stayed home to get her, I was in my fluffy robe. After zipping around in my hands, she went straight for my sleeve and ended up coming out at chest level. Such a brave and beautiful baby!!! I was totally in love.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DLena For This Useful Post:

Destanie (01-22-2018)

Thanks

My first bp (first snake ever) just came about 6 months ago. He was around 8 months old already, and I ordered him online from the breeder. I was so excited and so nervous when he arrived, because the first and last time I had ever held a snake was years and years ago. I literally watched videos for days beforehand on how to hold a snake, but I was still really nervous about it. My boyfriend and I let him sit in his cup for a bit with the lid off, hoping he would relax and start moving around, but we eventually had to just pick him up out of the cup. We held him for a little bit because we knew it would be a couple weeks before we got to do it again, and boy was it the coolest thing ever! He was very active the first couple weeks, just snaking around his tank 'sploring at night, but he ate just a few days after coming home and has settled in very well since then.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to elleon For This Useful Post:

Destanie (01-22-2018)

Thanks

My first snake ever was quite a number of years ago. It was a baby Burmese Python and I had absolutely no clue what I had gotten myself into. I was heading to college and snuck her and her 10 gallon aquarium into the dorm room. Needless to say she quickly outgrew that enclosure. It took about 10 months before someone in the dorm ratted me out that I had it and I was informed by the staff that either the snake or me had to go. I went and got an apartment off campus. This Burmese never attempted to strike at me or anyone else and was a perfect lady. I had numerous other reptiles over the years both venomous and not, from tiny to her. When I left college and could not take her with me to my new place to live, I gave her to a friend who was also a herper. At that time she was 16.5 feet and around 90-100 lbs. I will never forget that snake.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bistem For This Useful Post:

Destanie (01-22-2018)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast