Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,931

3 members and 2,928 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

New Keeper/ Greetings

Hello!
    I'm new to keeping ball pythons, and this is a really exciting experience for me! I've taken courses in herpetology, but getting first hand practical experience is something new and exciting... and something I would feel most comfortable learning through hands on experience under the guidance of experienced keepers and breeders.
    I want to learn as much as I can, and I am definitely interested in finding an experienced breeder or hobbyist locally that would be open to having a volunteer shadow them.
    I am super glad to have found this site. The diversity of information on here is SO incredibly helpful.

Does anyone here have any knowledge or recommendations for breeders or keepers in the North Texas or DFW area? Any recommendations for literature regarding husbandry, breeding, genetics, etc.?

Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to learning a whole bunch from all of you!

Thanks

Re: New Keeper/ Greetings

welcome to the forums! im sure people will be on here tomorrow that know more about breeders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

after doing a quick google search theres a place called “DFW reptarium” and they have all kinds of reptiles and snakes! dfwreptarium.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

One point to mention,

While we do recommend a simple, broad based, approach to keeping this species it is by no means the only way or only approach to keeping them well. Our way will work for 99% of the BP's out there until you feel they are established and thriving but it is important to note other places once you can read the animals reactions like VPI.com once you are sure your lil' guy ( or gal ) is thriving under your care.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.