This is my first time posting so hopefully I’m doing it right.

I have a year old female hognose who I recently noticed has some skin hanging off a lot of her scales. She never went into blue or showed any signs of shedding at all (nor is she acting uncomfortable like she usually would), and I’m only seeing the shed on the scales, not the skin in between. I’ve found a few posts online about people with the same issue, but it always ends up being caused by different kinds of ointment or oils, which I’ve never used on her at all. It’s definitely each individual scale though, none of the pieces are connected. It’s also probably worth mentioning that she last shed on September 15th, but has more than doubled in weight since then.

Of course I’d like to know what’s causing this, but I’m also concerned that if it’s flaking off on her body, should I also be worried that she needs to shed her head scales/eye caps? She had a stuck eye cap a couple sheds ago and her eye looked faded. Neither eye looks like that at all this time, and none of her head scales are flaking like the body ones.

Let me know if any more info is needed.