Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,216

2 members and 3,214 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Info For Possible Future Blue Tongue Skink

I have Northern BTS, Frank (CB), I got from BHB last year. I also have a Hypo-Lavendar Corn I bought from them as well (4 years ago).

Both are doing great and I have had good experiences with them. Brian encouraged me to stay in reptiles after my kidney transplant. The doctors were afraid (because of immune suppression), but Brian pointed out that he has a friend who breeds snakes and had a transplant as well. That gave me confidence to continue with my pets, but, of course, be smart (hand washing, hand washing, hand washing!).

I have also had the BHB crew answer questions on animals they breed, but that I hadn't purchased from them. Overall, a very good experience.

My BTS, who is almost 2 now and full grown, lives in a 6X2' Boaphile tank. It's 17.5 inches high, not because he cares, but because he needs UVB, and I needed room for the light fixtures. All my other animals, who are nocturnal, and do not require UVB, are in 12 inch high 6X2' boaphile tanks.

I had Frank in a 5X2' previous and he was fine. However, they do like to move around a lot and will use their warm and cool zones. The more space the better, even if not required.

Good luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

cron14 (01-10-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    I have Northern BTS, Frank (CB), I got from BHB last year. I also have a Hypo-Lavendar Corn I bought from them as well (4 years ago).

Both are doing great and I have had good experiences with them. Brian encouraged me to stay in reptiles after my kidney transplant. The doctors were afraid (because of immune suppression), but Brian pointed out that he has a friend who breeds snakes and had a transplant as well. That gave me confidence to continue with my pets, but, of course, be smart (hand washing, hand washing, hand washing!).

I have also had the BHB crew answer questions on animals they breed, but that I hadn't purchased from them. Overall, a very good experience.

My BTS, who is almost 2 now and full grown, lives in a 6X2' Boaphile tank. It's 17.5 inches high, not because he cares, but because he needs UVB, and I needed room for the light fixtures. All my other animals, who are nocturnal, and do not require UVB, are in 12 inch high 6X2' boaphile tanks.

I had Frank in a 5X2' previous and he was fine. However, they do like to move around a lot and will use their warm and cool zones. The more space the better, even if not required.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the info! I hope you're doing well with the kidney transplant! I figured they could use more space but I was just thinking of a minimum. I'm definitely considering BHB if/when I get a blue tongue. I've watched Brian's youtube channel for over a year now and would love to support him with business.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cron14 For This Useful Post:

dakski (01-27-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cron14 View Post
    Thanks for the info! I hope you're doing well with the kidney transplant! I figured they could use more space but I was just thinking of a minimum. I'm definitely considering BHB if/when I get a blue tongue. I've watched Brian's youtube channel for over a year now and would love to support him with business.
    I just noticed you responded to this! Sorry for the delay!

Hanging in there, RE Kidney Transplant. Almost 6 years since and after the first year being hell, I have been stable for 5!

Any questions RE BTS, feel free to send them my way either via forum or PM.

I also wanted to share the thread I have going for Frank, BTS.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...e-Tongue-Skink

Take care and be well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12