Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,854

0 members and 2,854 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TGR racks

Thanks

Re: TGR racks

I recently emailed them via their website to inquire about buying sides to enclose my rack - have never heard back from them. They are pathetic.

I guess the $20 bucks I was going to spend wasn't worth their time to respond. LOL
    L. West
    1.0 CORAL ALBINO BOA (OWEN)
    1.0 PANAMANIAN HYPO BOA (SAWYER)
    1.0 DUMERIL'S BOA (GRAYSON)
    1.0 ALBINO HONDURAN (RIVER)
    0.1 TANGERINE HONDURAN (FAITH)
    1.0 ALBINO TESSERA CORN SNAKE (RILEY)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to L.West For This Useful Post:

zina10 (02-20-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

I asked that a few month ago too! Got a very short msg that this is not a add on item...

Customer service is very important to me and they dropped the ball and then some.

The whole point of them still defending their old method also doesn't sit right with me. The manufacturer of the heat tape they use says the connections have to be done properly.

So yeah. Thru with them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

L.West (02-20-2018)

Thanks
    This is exactly what I was talking about when I first saw Olympus Reptiles demo "this awesome rack"...

I even commented on his YT page about the connections and how the tape doesn't have solid contact with the tub. He replied they were awesome racks.

Fast forward 2 weeks and his opener is "sponsored by TGR" so go figure. If nothing else his video help me avoid purchasing their product.

If you are in SoCal I recommend Spideys Reptiles, he makes some great racks in both melamine and PVC and his quality is unreal. I even had him make me a 3-12qt tub setup for quarantine purposes...
    "Passion Breeds Quality, Quality Breeds Desire" - Tim

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElliotNess For This Useful Post:

L.West (02-20-2018),zina10 (02-20-2018)

Thanks

To bad, but I'm about as far from SoCal as you could get but thanks for the recommendation.

My hatchlings all seemed to do well in the TGR rack for what it's worth (I did cover sides and back with Towels)

Still, they are a huge disappointment to me and I will not buy anything from them again, nor recommend them to anybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zina

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

L.West (02-20-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotNess View Post
    This is exactly what I was talking about when I first saw Olympus Reptiles demo "this awesome rack"...

I even commented on his YT page about the connections and how the tape doesn't have solid contact with the tub. He replied they were awesome racks.

Fast forward 2 weeks and his opener is "sponsored by TGR" so go figure. If nothing else his video help me avoid purchasing their product.

If you are in SoCal I recommend Spideys Reptiles, he makes some great racks in both melamine and PVC and his quality is unreal. I even had him make me a 3-12qt tub setup for quarantine purposes...

I just saw myself on here while cruising around. First, let me say I do like the product and have had nothing but good luck with it. When I made that video, I was not sponsored by them at all. When i responded to you, I was not sponsored by them at all. It came after. I have not had the same experience yall have had about the customer service, and after reading your issues originally on my channel I did speak with them. It didn't go without me caring etc. No company will be perfect, including theirs or mine. For what it's worth I refuse sponsorship unless I like the product or test/use it myself. I have turned down a few opportunities that have come my way, and just recently featured another herping product post testing it out. The ONLY reason I am commenting is the assumption that seems to be made that my response had something to do with a sponsorship. It didn't. Trust me, the sponsorship doesn't pay nearly as well as my other endeavors (patreon being one), and I would never risk alienating people on that with something I don't like or wouldn't use.

Thanks

ive had nothing but issues with TGR since I hit the order button... I called them and emailed them over a dozen times each and never got a single response, but noticed they were posting on FB about there racks ect.. I ended up calling the bank to get a refund due to never receiving the rack nor any communication from them. ive read nothing but issues from them and glad I ended up building my own and buying from reptile basics!
    Ball Python: 1.1 Mojave, 0.1 Normal, 1.0 Pastel, 1.0 Spider/Pastel/Butter/YB, 1.0 spider, 1.0 Pastel Clown, 0.1 Butter/YB/Pastel, 0.1 Butter, 0.1 Butter Enchi, 0.1 Cinnamon Albino, 0.1 Butter/Spider/OG, 0.1 Enchi Ghost, 0.1 Lesser, 0.1 Firefly/YB, 0.1 Black Magic
    Boa: 0.1 Suriname Red Tail

Thanks
    They will never see one penny from me again. Nor will I ever recommend them to anyone, no matter what they come up with.

That workmanship was shoddy and unsafe. While they don't build them like that anymore, they did NOTHING to advise their customers about this safety concern. They NEVER answered my questions, completely ignored me until I posted on a review site.

There they said they would get back to me immediately. Yup, never happened. And I didn't even ask for anything other then some communication. Not a refund, not money, not supplies.

Not excusable, not forgivable. I understand mistakes. Its how you fix them that matters.

Ignoring customers is not the way to go about it. Not giving a heads up about the potential safety hazard to all the customers and their animals that ended up with that former design? Despicable.

imho.
    Zina

Thanks

I finally got replacement heat tape made for my TGR Rack thanks to the great guys at Reptile Basics. They weren't even involved but assembled and shipped (for free) the new heat tape to me.

I love Reptile Basics. Have done alot of business with them over the years and never had a single issue with their products or their customer service.

I will never stray again - lesson learned. Like the old saying goes 'If it ain't broke - don't fix it".
    L. West
    1.0 CORAL ALBINO BOA (OWEN)
    1.0 PANAMANIAN HYPO BOA (SAWYER)
    1.0 DUMERIL'S BOA (GRAYSON)
    1.0 ALBINO HONDURAN (RIVER)
    0.1 TANGERINE HONDURAN (FAITH)
    1.0 ALBINO TESSERA CORN SNAKE (RILEY)

Thanks
    I almost purchased racks from them but ended up going with Reptile Basics instead. I'm sure glad I did. I did industrial electrical work in the past and I can safely say that an electrical tap that is TAPED down to copper like that, WILL eventually cause a problem. It will melt the tape and possible catch fire the minute that connection is loose. The proper way is to crimp or sauter the connection. That's really dangerous.
    1.1 Ivory Burmese Pythons 0.1 Albino Granite Burmese Python
    1.0 Orange Glow Retic 0.1 White Albino Retic 0.1 Purple Tiger Retic
    1.0 Anaconda Hognose 1.0 Hognose DBL Het Snow
    0.0.1 Red Tail Boa
    1.0 Albino Blitz BP
    0.1 Pastel Het Pied BP
    1.0 Pastel Leopard BP
    0.1 Pastel Vanilla BP
    0.1 Super Phantom BP
    0.1 Spinner Enchi BP
    0.1 Albino Kingsnake

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123