Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,850

1 members and 2,849 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TGR racks

Thanks

TGR racks

Anyone else on the forum dealt with TGR?? I have had nothing but issues with them and will never order from them again. My first and only order was delayed due to personal issues with the manufacturer - none of which was conveyed to me until I hounded them with emails asking where my rack was.

Then I finally get the rack and find out (via online) that it was inadviseable to even use their racks due to the way the heat tape was set up without proper clips. Known to be a fire hazard.

So, I have this rack I can't even use. Has never been plugged in. I've reached out to TGR asking for replacement heat tape with the proper clips on it but of course get no response.

Unbelievable. Thankfully I only purchased a small single tub rack from them so if I have to give it away or trash it no great loss money wise but it just irks me the level of customer service they provide. The worst I've ever experienced.

I have no interest in having to re-wire this rack. If I had that sort of skill I would have built my own rack.
    L. West
    1.0 CORAL ALBINO BOA (OWEN)
    1.0 PANAMANIAN HYPO BOA (SAWYER)
    1.0 DUMERIL'S BOA (GRAYSON)
    1.0 ALBINO HONDURAN (RIVER)
    0.1 TANGERINE HONDURAN (FAITH)
    1.0 ALBINO TESSERA CORN SNAKE (RILEY)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to L.West For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (01-08-2018)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was actually looking into those for something no one else really does in PVC rack (FB90) but after reading this http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=640474 I thought I would pass it's kind of alarming to think that type of wiring is ok.

There are many companies that make great PVC rack and that have great customer service and know how to wire their stuff.

Worth case scenario if they do not send the replacement heat tape properly wired you might want to bite the bullet (even if you should not have to) and contact Rich at reptile basics and buy some that is properly wired (he will wire heat tape to your specks)......at least this way the rack will be usable.
    Deborah Stewart

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

L.West (01-08-2018),MellaMo (09-24-2018),PghBall (05-10-2018)

Thanks

Re: TGR racks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I was actually looking into those for something no one else really does in PVC rack (FB90) but after reading this http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=640474 I thought I would pass it's kind of alarming to think that type of wiring is ok.

There are many companies that make great PVC rack and that have great customer service and know how to wire their stuff.

Worth case scenario if they do not send the replacement heat tape properly wired you might want to bite the bullet (even if you should not have to) and contact Rich at reptile basics and buy some that is properly wired (he will wire heat tape to your specks)......at least this way the rack will be usable.
    That's crazy. It's mind boggling that they would ship racks out with the connection simply taped. No solder, no clip, nothing... just tape.

Thanks

Exactly. Imagine my surprise when I learned that. Luckily I hadn't needed the rack yet so it hadn't been used. They have no interest in making things right either. They better hope no one's house burns down and they trace it to the wiring in their racks.

I've done business with Reptile Basics for years and love their products and their customer service is top notch.
    L. West

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L.West View Post
    Exactly. Imagine my surprise when I learned that. Luckily I hadn't needed the rack yet so it hadn't been used. They have no interest in making things right either. They better hope no one's house burns down and they trace it to the wiring in their racks.

I've done business with Reptile Basics for years and love their products and their customer service is top notch.
    Hopefully it will not happen at this point like car companies who do recalls they should contact every buyer and send them new heat tape wired right because even if means losing money it will be nothing compare to a lawsuit if something happens.
    Deborah Stewart

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

L.West (01-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Thanks for the review, it’s helpful to know this stuff. Hopefully they will see this and respond. Bad publicity hurts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

There was a Facebook post over the weekend to which I posted my complaint about them. Within minutes I had a pm via messenger basically saying the problem has been fixed with no offer to send me the newly wired tape. They wouldn't respond thru the Facebook forum for obvious reasons. I'm so over them. At this point I wouldn't trust anything they produce.

I can't, in good conscience even give this rack to someone without making them aware of this issue.
    L. West

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    I have one of their hatchling racks.

Never even knew about this shoddy practice of connecting the heat tape, that is pretty ridiculous!!!

That said, I raised 3 clutches in this rack and didn't run into any issues. However, even prior to finding out about this issue, I have decided that I will get different racks for when I breed my Desert Ghosts. I didn't like a few things about the TGR's. I won't be buying any more, even if they have properly connected heat tapes.

I'm really happy with my older Boaphile Rack, and I will be getting their hatchling racks when the time comes.

I just sent a msg to TGR on their facebook, asking them when they have started to implement the better and safer connections on their heat tape, and how "I" should proceed to make "my" rack SAFE. Now...good business practice would mean they offer a replacement of the heat tape or at least offer some type of help.

Not holding my breath, though, given what I've read here and on Fauna. Will update once I hear back. May be a while, though The only time I have gotten a quick reply was when I was getting ready to order.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (02-20-2018),L.West (01-09-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    Well, my message was read 20 minutes ago. That is when I start the clock on waiting for a response.

I know its not "business hours". So I will wait.

The way how and when they respond will determine if I would ever consider to recommend their racks. Like I said, it worked fine for me. So with better connections, would probably work fine for many.

The reason I planned on getting another rack, even before discovering this heat tape issue, were just "nitpicking" things based on my preferences.

I put a LOT< LOT of stock into honesty, integrity and customer service, though. That can make or break a deal for me. Mistakes can happen, its how you take care of them that matters. The least I expect is a reply. Friendly and courteous. With ideas and help on how to fix this. The "tone" of the reply will make all the difference.

Most likely I will give this rack away, making sure to let whoever gets it know to fix the heat tape connections.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

14. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

L.West (01-09-2018)

Thanks

Any communications I've gotten from them was always rude and somewhat aggressive. Like Zina said, the only pleasant conversation was when they were getting your money.

I would simply like replacement heat tape so I can give this rack to someone in good conscience.

Hard to believe they would lose customers over such a cheap fix. Says a lot about them in my opinion.
    L. West

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to L.West For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (02-20-2018),zina10 (01-09-2018)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast