Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 813

2 members and 811 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

View Poll Results: Do you own an iPhone X?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes and i love it.

3 15.79%
  • yes but it's just ok.

0 0%
  • no.

16 84.21%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Does anyone own an iPhone X?

Does anyone here own the new iPhone X? i really, really want animoji's and i'm thinking about upgrading. the portrait camera mode also looks really cool and simple to use esp. for novice photographers. i'm really annoyed by and don't like that top notch that disrupts the display tho.

anyway what how do u like the iPhone X?
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

Re: Does anyone own an iPhone X?

I got it about two weeks ago and so far really like it. It's a big of an adjustment with the facial recognition, and some of the configurations are different due to no home button anymore, but it's not bad. A little irritating that some of my credit card apps don't have the facial recognition and since I no longer have the fingerprint reader, I have to remember my passwords (lol yes, I'm lazy).

The animojis are sooooo much fun. They record as little videos and can have sound as well as visual - I may or may not have recorded myself as a singing unicorn after a few beers last weekend lol

I haven't messed with the camera too much yet, sorry to say. All in all, it's still the iOS, so it's simple and easy to pick up really.

I don't know that I would've bought it outright, but it was worth the upgrade through verizon, for sure

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ladywhipple02 For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (01-08-2018)

Thanks
    I personally don't own and iphone x, but my mom has one and i have messed with the camera a bunch and it's really really nice. Super easy to use and beginner friendly.
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Mainland Reticulated
    1.0 High lines Red Tail Boa

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dylan815 For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (01-08-2018)

Thanks

obviously not as good as portrait mode but for phone cameras i use the app “Adobe Lightroom” and you can change exposure, white balance, etc and its really nice. you can also edit pictures directly in app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to baldegale For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (01-08-2018)

Thanks

I just purchased an iPhone 8 for my wife and my daughter. If you have ever had to replace a broken screen on your iPhone you should be aware that the replacement cost for the iPhone X is estimated to be $275.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to larryd23 For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (01-08-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    I got it about two weeks ago and so far really like it. It's a big of an adjustment with the facial recognition, and some of the configurations are different due to no home button anymore, but it's not bad. A little irritating that some of my credit card apps don't have the facial recognition and since I no longer have the fingerprint reader, I have to remember my passwords (lol yes, I'm lazy).

The animojis are sooooo much fun. They record as little videos and can have sound as well as visual - I may or may not have recorded myself as a singing unicorn after a few beers last weekend lol

I haven't messed with the camera too much yet, sorry to say. All in all, it's still the iOS, so it's simple and easy to pick up really.

I don't know that I would've bought it outright, but it was worth the upgrade through verizon, for sure
    they are! i played with some guy's iPhone X at a bar using the animoji's. u should post some animoji vids. i would love to see your unicorn vids!

Quote Originally Posted by baldegale View Post
    obviously not as good as portrait mode but for phone cameras i use the app “Adobe Lightroom” and you can change exposure, white balance, etc and its really nice. you can also edit pictures directly in app.
    thanks, i'll look into that app. but i want something really easy and looks really good. after all, i once created this thread: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...ummies-like-Me

Quote Originally Posted by larryd23 View Post
    I just purchased an iPhone 8 for my wife and my daughter. If you have ever had to replace a broken screen on your iPhone you should be aware that the replacement cost for the iPhone X is estimated to be $275.
    $275 must be for OEM. i'm sure the guy at the mall can replace a broken screen for $50 using 3rd party glass. i hope.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Thanks

what camera do you have? i have an old DSLR and these are some pictures ive gotten of my lizard. my biggest tip is that lighting is everything, what i personally like is since all my reptiles are in my bedroom, in my ceiling fan i use Daylight LED lightbulbs and its the best lighting in my opinion. colors look amazing and not washed out. basically any lightbulbs 5000 kelvin and higher. you can buy a pack of 4-5 of them for like $7 at walmart

12. The Following User Says Thank You to baldegale For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (01-08-2018)

Thanks

also sorry for the picture spam, but i’ll probably be posting pictures of my hoggie tomorrow as hes coming in the mail! if you ever get a DSLR or have one and have some questions about settings etc or need stuff explained PM me! ive pretty much self taught myself everything over the past 3-4 years. (i take pictures of stuff other than my animals too hahahaha)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baldegale View Post
    what camera do you have? i have an old DSLR and these are some pictures ive gotten of my lizard. my biggest tip is that lighting is everything, what i personally like is since all my reptiles are in my bedroom, in my ceiling fan i use Daylight LED lightbulbs and its the best lighting in my opinion. colors look amazing and not washed out. basically any lightbulbs 5000 kelvin and higher. you can buy a pack of 4-5 of them for like $7 at walmart
    beautiful pix!

i have the OG Lytro and Lytro Illum that i've used probably twice. i tried to get into full light-field photography but i just don't have the knack. seems like everyone can take good pix but me lol.

also i have an iPhone 5SE and Lumia 950. these pix were taken w/ my 950: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...311-Turtle-Pix and i'll post more pix of my 2 gurls later today here: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...by-and-Emerald see i just dont' have that skillz.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    beautiful pix!

i have the OG Lytro and Lytro Illum that i've used probably twice. i tried to get into full light-field photography but i just don't have the knack. seems like everyone can take good pix but me lol.

also i have an iPhone 5SE and Lumia 950. these pix were taken w/ my 950: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...311-Turtle-Pix and i'll post more pix of my 2 gurls later today here: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...by-and-Emerald see i just dont' have that skillz.
    ive developed a lot over time and taking pictures of everything, being that your main focus (no pun intended) is on your snakes youd want to practice on smaller close up stuff like flowers and learning on stuff like that. ive realized that taking wide angled pictures doesnt help ANYTHING involving close ups, at least it didnt for me. for example i spent every day for two months walking around my neighborhood and taking pictures like this: then i attempted some animals like this

16. The Following User Says Thank You to baldegale For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (01-08-2018)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast