Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,233

2 members and 3,231 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

$200 for a pair of brooks kings?

Someone has a pair of adult brooks king snakes. He’s been keeping them together (makes me nervous just thinking about it) and they have bred a few times without him trying to get them to. They’re beautiful, bright yellow and black. He wants $200 for the pair, without a tank. Is $200 a fair price? I’d love them but I just want to make sure im not getting jipped, as I’ll have to travel 2 hours to get them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    Sounds like a good price to me, you should be able to recoup all your money plus a little extra in the first year if the breeding is successful.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,689 Posts

Re: $200 for a pair of brooks kings?

If they're healthy and proven breeders I think that's a pretty fair asking price. The cohabitation does concern me a bit though.
    Last edited by EL-Ziggy; 01-06-2018 at 01:52 AM.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I personally love Kings. That price seems very fair for a pair of adults. The red flag is, as mentioned, the cohabitation of the animals. I would just be sure they're healthy upon inspection.
    I'm also curious if the cohabitation plays any role in how they handle. Could cohabbing lead to more aggressive animals? I honestly don't know, but it crossed my mind when I read this.
    Anyway, Kings are awesome animals with great feeding responses and they are garbage disposals. I will personally have at least one as long as I'm in this hobby.

Thanks

He says they’re incredibly friendly and I saw pictures of him holding both of them at once. Which you don’t do if they’re mean..... I will be separating them immediately and hopefully getting the female back up to breeding size soon. (she lost weight when she laid two clutches. They’re proven). They have bred without him even trying. I’ve decided I want them and I’m grabbing them tomorrow.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazycatOP For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (01-06-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Cool, excited to see the photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

So that dude was a jerk. We drive the 2 hours to get there only to see that the female is incredibly thin. Which yeah, she’s laid 2 clutches but still. She’s like 3. She should be able to bounce back better. To add to that she had what looked like a spinal kink. While I was looking at that she started SNEEZING. Like wheezing and sneezing. Then the male started to wheeze. So they have respiratory infections. He says they’ve been doing that for a year. Yet he didn’t tell me that. He tried to hide it too because he put the female in a snake bag until I asked to look at the kink again. So I didn’t get them. Wish I could help but he wouldn’t accept anything less than $200 still and I can’t risk my other 9 snakes. I’m putting up a beware ad and sending him a link to a rescue. He obviously just wants money.