Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,905

0 members and 2,905 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: First BP!! Meet Kova!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    i would suggest getting a male Mojave or Phantom/Lesser if u wanna make BEL's with her. u won't have the buggy eyes from Super Lesser's/Super Butter's, plus it adds variety since u will have another snake and make ones that look different from a Butter/Lesser.

it's probably b/c you're using Crapatalk... err i mean Tapatalk.

Photobucket is also crap unless u have a paid subscription that allows u to host your pix on other websites like forums and stuff. glad to see the beautiful pix of your new baby BP tho.

photobucket is total garbage haha nothing like it used to be with all the ads and nonsene, but I was eager to get pics of my girl up for everyone to see so I did what I knew how to lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcorsaletti View Post
    haha thank you!! I do want to switch her to a coconut husk for humidity/mold precautions, but the kit I bought had a whole bag of Zoo Med aspen and I didn't want to waste it, so I compromised
    Aspen is really good. Easy to clean. When they're older they're less prone to swallowing any substrate. It doesn't matter then as well. Snakes in the wild just spit it out anyway. It's what a snake does!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

I actually just heard back from my breeder, mom was a Butter Pastel, dad a Lesser which is where I got confused and combined them all haha
    Yeah, that makes sense and is why the breeder wasn’t clear if yours is a butter or a lesser because there is no way to tell. It’s definitely not both or she’d be an all white snake. So this just means you’ll never know which line of butter/lesser she came from. It changes nothing in her breeding potential, but just makes it a little confusing what to call her and then her offspring. My opinion would just be honest and tell people that she is butter or lesser especially when selling offspring so at least you don’t mislead anyone that is looking to get a snake from one or the other specific lines.

Regardless of all that, she’s gorgeous! Congrats

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense and is why the breeder wasn’t clear if yours is a butter or a lesser because there is no way to tell. It’s definitely not both or she’d be an all white snake. So this just means you’ll never know which line of butter/lesser she came from. It changes nothing in her breeding potential, but just makes it a little confusing what to call her and then her offspring. My opinion would just be honest and tell people that she is butter or lesser especially when selling offspring so at least you don’t mislead anyone that is looking to get a snake from one or the other specific lines.

Regardless of all that, she’s gorgeous! Congrats
    wait you mean there's no way to tell if she's Pastel or Butter? lol they sold her to me as a Pastel Lesser and they're amazing breeders so I will go with what they told me lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

wait you mean there's no way to tell if she's Pastel or Butter? lol they sold her to me as a Pastel Lesser and they're amazing breeders so I will go with what they told me lol
    No, she is definitely pastel. It’s the butter or lesser you’ll never know because they are the same but she is definitely one. So she is either pastel butter or pastel lesser. The reason you'll never know which is because she could of got either one depending on which parent she inherited it from. The breeder just chose to go with pastel lesser to keep from confusing you and that’s fine if you want to just stick with that. If you breed her you should probably let potential buyers know she could be butter or lesser though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    No, she is definitely pastel. It’s the butter or lesser you’ll never know because they are the same but she is definitely one. So she is either pastel butter or pastel lesser. The reason you'll never know which is because she could of got either one depending on which parent she inherited it from. The breeder just chose to go with pastel lesser to keep from confusing you and that’s fine if you want to just stick with that. If you breed her you should probably let potential buyers know she could be butter or lesser though.
    okay! thank you for clarifying lol. I am definitely going to breed her, discloses that she has Butter or Lesser will be no issue lo

Thanks

I finally got an empty weight, 295g! shes progressing so well

Thanks

Re: First BP!! Meet Kova!! UPDATE!!!

Update!!!! its been a while, but Kova has been doing a LOT of growing, her personailty is still sweet as pie

Last edited by jcorsaletti; 04-25-2018 at 02:20 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcorsaletti For This Useful Post:

Kam (04-26-2018),MissterDog (04-25-2018)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123