Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,840

1 members and 2,839 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: bunch of general hognose questions before purchasing!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    If they all eat F/T without a doubt I would go with the Albino, it's visually the most attractive and it will remain the most attractive in the future.

She is high orange and will maintain her colors very well.

To give you an idea here is a high orange hatchling in adulthood at 550+ grams

The best mutations as far as appeal IMO are Albino, Axanthic, and Snow and the same in Conda and Super Conda version
    its definitely pretty, i really wanted an arctic but definitely couldnt afford it. this was my first option cause i also love axanthic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baldegale View Post
    its definitely pretty, i really wanted an arctic but definitely couldnt afford it. this was my first option cause i also love axanthic.

If you like axanthic an axanthic from a recessive line will be more in your price range this coming season and too me they look better as adults IMO. (they keep more of their grey/silver color)

Deborah Stewart

Thanks

the only question i have left now is a good place to buy bulk mice (pinkies), everywhere i look shipping is $35+ is that normal?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

the only question i have left now is a good place to buy bulk mice (pinkies), everywhere i look shipping is $35+ is that normal?

Yes shipping F/T is very expensive and must be shipped with dry ice, unless you buy really large quantity of different sizes it's not always worth it for a snake buying from someone local or a show maybe a better option.

Hognose eat a lot generally speaking we are talking 2 to 3 feeding a weeks until they are 25 grams, 2 feeding until they are 75 to 100 grams and one feeding a week after that.

They will start showing some serious growth once they start feeding on ore meaningful prey (large fuzzy small hopper).

Over the years I have bought feeders from various place and my 2 favorite are perfect prey and american rodent supply (I tend not to buy from Rodent Pro)
    Deborah Stewart

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

baldegale (01-05-2018)

Thanks

Yes shipping F/T is very expensive and must be shipped with dry ice, unless you buy really large quantity of different sizes it's not always worth it for a snake buying from someone local or a show maybe a better option.

Hognose eat a lot generally speaking we are talking 2 to 3 feeding a weeks until they are 25 grams, 2 feeding until they are 75 to 100 grams and one feeding a week after that.

They will start showing some serious growth once they start feeding on ore meaningful prey (large fuzzy small hopper).

Over the years I have bought feeders from various place and my 2 favorite are perfect prey and american rodent supply (I tend not to buy from Rodent Pro)
    i know buying in stores is generally really expensive, i was looking at both of those too. im still waiting to hear the exact weight but both the hogs im looking at are about 6-7 months old (hatched in july) so id assume that theyre 25+ g. i have no idea what size pinkies to purchase and how much because i figure if i buy 50 by the time im out shell be on a bigger size cause thats about 6 months worth of feeding so shell be a year old at hopefully 75-100 grams

Thanks

it looks like american rodent supply is cheaper than perfect prey buy like 10¢ per pinkie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

i know buying in stores is generally really expensive, i was looking at both of those too. im still waiting to hear the exact weight but both the hogs im looking at are about 6-7 months old (hatched in july) so id assume that theyre 25+ g. i have no idea what size pinkies to purchase and how much because i figure if i buy 50 by the time im out shell be on a bigger size cause thats about 6 months worth of feeding so shell be a year old at hopefully 75-100 grams

Right now my holdbacks are about 12 to 20 grams, now if the animal you pick is 25 grams I would go ahead and order peach fuzzy to fuzzy and not pink.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Right now my holdbacks are about 12 to 20 grams, now if the animal you pick is 25 grams I would go ahead and order peach fuzzy to fuzzy and not pink.
    im sorry for asking so many questions at this point i know it’s probably becoming a bit much, but if its below 20 g should i still order the 50 pinks or would that be too much? then again i could always feed multiples until i run out

Thanks
    Blog Entries

im sorry for asking so many questions at this point i know it’s probably becoming a bit much, but if its below 20 g should i still order the 50 pinks or would that be too much? then again i could always feed multiples until i run out

Don't worry about the questions , it really depends on the weight if it's close to 20 grams that will be fine because you will soon ugrade to fuzzy, if you are closer to 10 grams you still have ways to go, but multiple can always be fed.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Don't worry about the questions , it really depends on the weight if it's close to 20 grams that will be fine because you will soon ugrade to fuzzy, if you are closer to 10 grams you still have ways to go, but multiple can always be fed.
    off topic, but i checked your page on morph market and you have some beautiful BPs! ill definitely consider buying from you for my next snake

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast