Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,862

1 members and 2,861 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts

Re: Can anyone tell me more about these skin abnormalities?

Geez, good to know. I just lurk so haven't dipped my toe into posting on any of them yet. I'd be wary of any group that aggressive.

Let us know how the vet check goes OP!

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    Geez, good to know. I just lurk so haven't dipped my toe into posting on any of them yet. I'd be wary of any group that aggressive.

Let us know how the vet check goes OP!
    Vet check was informative. Seems like he has some worms and parasites and we have begun the course of treatment. I have to bring him back Saturday for another round of de-wormer.

In other news, can anyone speculate what this weirdo is doing here - I fed him last night, he struck immediately and fell into his water dish. After a while, he let go and was laying in his bowl like this flicking his tongue. I used a hook to move him onto the substrate because I was nervous. He couldn't find the mouse because it had cooled off, so I took it out, used a blow dryer to reheat, and gave it to him on a perch and he ate it and was back in the corner on the ground this morning. He seems fine now... It was just super strange to watch him lay there like a human would when learning to float.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Glad to hear the vet check seems pretty good, aside from the worms.

Best single source for GTP info is Greg Maxwell's More Complete Chondro, as far as I know. Available on Amazon. It is expensive but good. (I have a copy.)

By the way, size and the healed scar in the second picture in this thread made me speculate that the snake is wild caught. That is not a criticism, as mine were wild caught adults. Whatever the origin, he seems well adjusted. Good luck with him.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to paulh For This Useful Post:

Team Slytherin (01-24-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    No clue about the picture but so happy to hear the vet was able to diagnose and prescribe a solution.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Was going to say, that first pic looks like worms. I was told if you are good with a scalpel, you can cut and remove them yourselves assuming it is only the one. More than 1 lump and it is vet time.

And @ SDA, which Chondro FB board? I'm a member of 3 of them and the pure GTP one is pretty awesome actually. They were very helpful to me. Just one guy who i wont name gave negative feedback when i used the 18x18x18 cube. The rest agreed with me that if you can get the security, humidity, temps etc correct, there is no reason it would be a problem. Just tubs are easier and cheaper.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    If your GTP is grounding a lot, make sure the temps are good. If it is too hot, they can ground to cool off. Also if you are offering too big of perches, they can ground as well. And if they dont feel secure they will ground. Or obviously if they are sick. If in doubt, go with smaller perches. Better to go with smaller perches and smaller meals.

Here is my finally finished set up for my little 6 month old guy. He is sleeping in the back left corner on top of a plant but not sure if you can see him. Oh and my temps are 76F at the bottom perch and 85F at the top perch. I spike his humidity twice a day to 100%, then let it dry out fully and spike it again a little before lights out. I use warm water to mist with and get him too as he will drink water off his coils and the glass and plants as well his elevated perches.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 01-10-2018 at 09:16 PM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Thank you for the advice! We have smaller PVC removable perches now, but I just need to install them. I'm going to fix the enclosure - he has been on his perch most of the time - he just grounded when we first brought him home, and then occasionally.

I have another visit with the vet on Saturday, so I will hopefully learn a little more. I am absolutely NOT going to try to cut anything out of my snake myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12