Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 820

1 members and 819 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: New Snake Owner! Hi From Minnesota!

Quote Originally Posted by Stheno View Post
    As for more leafy clutter, I'm a bit stumped. A lot of stuff I've been browsing seem don't really seem all that "full" looking, and I really doubt a stringy piece of vine with a few leaves here and there will do all that much for him, though I guess any amount doesn't hurt.

Does anyone have any recommended stores/websites for such decor? I'd really like stuff that he could actually hide in/under.
    here's user StarScream's tub set-up for his lil' Mazikeen, cluttered-up and beautiful:

here's user MissterDog's divided T8 setup, honestly one of my favorites! she made a lot of the "rock" decor herself!!!

a craft store would be a good place to look for fake foliage and stuff. make sure to clean and disinfect it before anything goes into his home.

my T8 (4' x 2' x 1') only has a couple of those fake leaf strands in it and it does a pretty good job of cluttering up the joint. i wish i had a picture but i don't!

EDIT: paper towel/toilet paper tubes make EXCELLENT cheap hides for baby snakes once you stuff one end with paper towel or something of the like! you could definitely use one or two of those for the meantime.
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 12-29-2017 at 03:02 PM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stheno View Post
    So far everything has gone good for my new BP, now I just need to get him to eat! He is on (frozen) mouse fuzzies at the moment since that was what he was on at the store and I have been warned he likes to not eat some weeks, but this sounds just like any other BP. Plus since he was going into a shed when I got him, I think he just needs to get comfy again and I think he'll start eating again.
    Looking like he does, I'd be surprised if that snake was eating anything at the store. If he doesn't take a f/t mouse after an offering or two, I suggest trying a different approach. Best of luck and welcome to the forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 602 Posts
    I use a big fake plant I got from Hobby Lobby (on sale it was $10 :/), but they're a lot more expensive than other places like dollar stores. I have another stringy fake vine (fall-colored) I got from Walmart for $5, which makes my 50 gallon tub look like this:

I also use smaller aquarium plants on the floor of the enclosure, which were about $3 each or more at a pet store. I tend to stick them in hides if the hide is too big for my noodle just yet.

EDIT: And I see I was previously mentioned, lol. All the setup pics to go around!
    Last edited by Starscream; 12-29-2017 at 04:19 PM.
    0.1 Red Axanthic P. regius | Mazikeen
    E. climacophora | Lan Fan
    C. paulsoni | Inej

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Starscream For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (12-29-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    EDIT: And I see I was previously mentioned, lol. All the setup pics to go around!
    i was sending out the StarScream signal!!!
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Starscream (12-29-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12