Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,713

0 members and 2,713 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Lol, this is a bulldozer....Caesar the retic when he isnt fed at the 10 day mark That hide wasnt on the end of the cage before he got pissed about no food and he is quiet because this was after he got a jumbo rats lol.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (01-01-2018),Godzilla78 (12-31-2017),Stearns84 (12-31-2017),zina10 (12-31-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Re: Pat the baby biak green tree python

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Lol, this is a bulldozer....Caesar the retic when he isnt fed at the 10 day mark That hide wasnt on the end of the cage before he got pissed about no food and he is quiet because this was after he got a jumbo rats lol.

LOL, they sure like to re-arrange, don't they ? He definitely DOES beat a Ball Python!!!

I always smile to myself when I see those beautiful, lush and pretty setups for Ball Pythons. They are wonderful and pretty while the snake is young. When mine got older and bigger, though, ...sheesh!! I would get up in the morning and it looked like a natural disaster happened overnight. Plants torn down and ripped off from where-ever they were before. The ones that were fastened well, were flat like pancakes with leaves torn off. The pretty naturalistic water dish was full of the pretty substrate. Everything moved around. And the snake? Nowhere to be seen (back in its hide after a job well done)

I still like the display cage for my large male, but I have learned that it has to be somewhat simplistic and easy to maintain!

For a GTP, though, oh man...you can go WILD making it beautiful !!! Between you and SDA I'm getting tempted again, sigh...
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (12-31-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    LOL, they sure like to re-arrange, don't they ? He definitely DOES beat a Ball Python!!!

I always smile to myself when I see those beautiful, lush and pretty setups for Ball Pythons. They are wonderful and pretty while the snake is young. When mine got older and bigger, though, ...sheesh!! I would get up in the morning and it looked like a natural disaster happened overnight. Plants torn down and ripped off from where-ever they were before. The ones that were fastened well, were flat like pancakes with leaves torn off. The pretty naturalistic water dish was full of the pretty substrate. Everything moved around. And the snake? Nowhere to be seen (back in its hide after a job well done)

I still like the display cage for my large male, but I have learned that it has to be somewhat simplistic and easy to maintain!

For a GTP, though, oh man...you can go WILD making it beautiful !!! Between you and SDA I'm getting tempted again, sigh...
    Haha yeah Dottie used to flatten plants and break her vines which i dont know how she did it. And yup, come morning all you saw was her in a hide all nice and quiet lol. I keep all their cages simple now but the GTP i kinf of want to add the plants but still keep the floor simple so i can easily spot poops and pisses and clean them right up.

And you're getting tempted??!! Heck I'm already planning out my next GTP...maybe a nice sorong!!

And I'm already planning the cage for Pat. Thinking either an Exo Terra 12x12x18 or 18x18x18 or 18x18x24 and then get a couple of those suction cup gecko food holders and stick them up by the high perches for elevated water bowls and have the big water bowl on the floor. Just not sure what size cage i should go for. I know they dont really need the height and use the length more since they are more horizontal on the tree tops and not really climbing the trunks of trees up and down lol. Thats why im kind of leaning towards a 18x18x18.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

zina10 (12-31-2017)

Thanks

Haha yeah Dottie used to flatten plants and break her vines which i dont know how she did it. And yup, come morning all you saw was her in a hide all nice and quiet lol. I keep all their cages simple now but the GTP i kinf of want to add the plants but still keep the floor simple so i can easily spot poops and pisses and clean them right up.

And you're getting tempted??!! Heck I'm already planning out my next GTP...maybe a nice sorong!!

And I'm already planning the cage for Pat. Thinking either an Exo Terra 12x12x18 or 18x18x18 or 18x18x24 and then get a couple of those suction cup gecko food holders and stick them up by the high perches for elevated water bowls and have the big water bowl on the floor. Just not sure what size cage i should go for. I know they dont really need the height and use the length more since they are more horizontal on the tree tops and not really climbing the trunks of trees up and down lol. Thats why im kind of leaning towards a 18x18x18.
    Half the fun is planning everything out I think some sort of coco substrate looks best in a GTP setup. Holds humidity well, looks awesome, no smell and easy to clean.

My GTP's enjoyed drinking from their own skin folds as well as the droplets on the plants, after a nice misting But they also used their water dish. They really are to much fun to observe, even when they are just "sitting around"
    Zina

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Thanks

Big boy has got to eat ,😊 besides who could get upset with that fabulous face, still waiting for you to get an ugly noodle but you always mange to get breathtaking critters lol 😉
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

9. The Following User Says Thank You to C.Marie For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (01-01-2018)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This thread has now been re-opened and cleaned up this is will be my LAST WARNING, if the drama that has involved a few individual over the past few weeks continues here or elsewhere, those threads will be locked PERMANENTLY and CUSTOM INFRACTIONS will be handed out. You all are adults and if you cannot play well with others just do not play at all or be ready for the consequences.

Now back to our regular programming.
    Deborah Stewart

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

BallPythonWannaBe (01-03-2018),zina10 (01-03-2018)

Thanks

I’ve got a couple of the Exo-Terras sitting in storage, wish I had a teleporter!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Prognathodon For This Useful Post:

zina10 (01-03-2018)

Thanks
    Seeing all those awesome GTP pictures really makes me wish I still had all my pictures!!!

I used to have a TON of reptile pictures. There were my GTP's, brazilian rainbow boa, rubber boas, my Borneo python, my huge 4500 gr. rescue Ball Python and her clutch, so many cool pictures. I had awesome pictures of handling my GTP's !!

Back then many people (incl. me) used a certain picture hosting website. I stored ALL my reptile pictures on there. One day out of nowhere it went "bust". You couldn't even get to the pictures to save them elsewhere. They "offered" to release the pictures to their owners on a Photo CD for the fee of $50 or thereabouts.

Most people figured it was a scam and didn't do it. I was unsure of what to do and waited to long. Pictures were lost forever, it still hurts me to think about it. Every so often I google my old usernames for forums and the names of the snakes, if there are some pictures somewhere that ended up saved somehow. But no luck.

My 2 GTP's were to cute, I loved having a red and a yellow one, they looked so different as hatchlings and during their "change". Of course...both ended up green

Please keep these threads going, with stories and pictures, I really did enjoy keeping GTP's and live vicariously through you all...
    Zina

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    You want GTP pics? Have a GTP pic on me!

1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (01-03-2018),Kcl (01-04-2018),tttaylorrr (01-03-2018),zina10 (01-03-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    You want GTP pics? Have a GTP pic on me!

Zina

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast