Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,561

1 members and 1,560 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Pat the baby biak green tree python

🤦

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jmcrook; 12-31-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    Watch how their iris constricts, it is amazing. When we brought Ganja home, "she" looked like a drug addict her pupil was so dilated but now she adjusts it throughout the day and it is really cool to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutti View Post
    So in order to feed him or her right you need to know the sex
    You feed according to weight not sex and you feed them ultra conservative. A fat chondro is a dead chondro.
    Last edited by SDA; 12-31-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

IsmQui718 (04-20-2018),jmcrook (12-31-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Well a little update. Pat seems to be settling in nicely. He had his first meal yesterday like i said and today he is finally off his plant and perched on the highest perch next to his heat tape wall. Pretty good i think for only 2 days. I'm thinking of getting him one of those little 18x18x18 or 18x18x24 Exo Terras and then heavily modify it with acrylic top from my local plastics store and then get the double tube light fixture and put in 1 Reptisun 5.0 and 1 fluorescent tube and putting in some potted live plants in it to give him a nice enriching place to explore at night.

0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (02-21-2018),Alicia (12-31-2017),jmcrook (12-31-2017),Kcl (01-04-2018),Stearns84 (12-31-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    By the way, your teeny one is beautiful and obviously doing VERY well, good job !!!

I love his little enclosure. I's amazing how much SMALLER they are to Ball Pythons, but they too, will grow up in no time.
    It seems to take forever for the green to come in, but enjoy that time...because you blink, and its done !! LOL
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (12-31-2017)

Thanks

Re: Pat the baby biak green tree python

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    By the way, your teeny one is beautiful and obviously doing VERY well, good job !!!

I love his little enclosure. I's amazing how much SMALLER they are to Ball Pythons, but they too, will grow up in no time.
    It seems to take forever for the green to come in, but enjoy that time...because you blink, and its done !! LOL
    Thanks and yeah I cant wait to see him start his onogenetic changes. Be interesting to see how much yellow he retains etc. Also in a way cant wait for him to get older so I can get him the sweet 48x24x36 AP cage and load that baby up with real plants and some sweet perch designs from Specialty Enclosures Design.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (02-21-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Thanks and yeah I cant wait to see him start his onogenetic changes. Be interesting to see how much yellow he retains etc. Also in a way cant wait for him to get older so I can get him the sweet 48x24x36 AP cage and load that baby up with real plants and some sweet perch designs from Specialty Enclosures Design.

I kept my 2 in 4 ft. Neodesha Display cages once they were old enough. Even as adults, they seemed tiny in those cages, LOL !! But they are the PERFECT snake to make a super cool Display cage. Its living art !!!
    I started out with a yellow and a maroon colored one, the yellow completed his cycle much quicker, also grew bigger. I never sized them, but I felt the yellow one was probably a female while the red one was a male.
    Both of mine were as tame as could be. I could handle them no problem at all. They never even took a "shot" at me. They were so easy too, if I needed to do cage maintenance, I just removed the perch (with them on it) put it to the side and went to work. They would keep sitting there like good little snakes.
    I highly recommend removable perches.
    Best part were evenings, once they were in hunting mode, watch out !!! I would go by the cage and their eyes got BIG and dark. So I would stop and watch them. They move so stealthily, you blink, and there they are, nose to nose with you with just the glass in between, LOL !!!
    Zina

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (12-31-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    Mine shed a few weeks back now and I swear she got that much more green. I also am insane to think this but it almost seems like she gets green as she gets aggressive for food. Weird but that's the way it looks. Then again I am more concerned about my fingers than her colors during feeding lol!

Oh, I know you are wanting a planted tank but if not I saw someone use those dog training pads as substrate. Thought that was a brilliant idea to soak up extra water and contain waste. In fact I saw it on that site you gave me for accessories.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    I kept my 2 in 4 ft. Neodesha Display cages once they were old enough. Even as adults, they seemed tiny in those cages, LOL !! But they are the PERFECT snake to make a super cool Display cage. Its living art !!!
    I started out with a yellow and a maroon colored one, the yellow completed his cycle much quicker, also grew bigger. I never sized them, but I felt the yellow one was probably a female while the red one was a male.
    Both of mine were as tame as could be. I could handle them no problem at all. They never even took a "shot" at me. They were so easy too, if I needed to do cage maintenance, I just removed the perch (with them on it) put it to the side and went to work. They would keep sitting there like good little snakes.
    I highly recommend removable perches.
    Best part were evenings, once they were in hunting mode, watch out !!! I would go by the cage and their eyes got BIG and dark. So I would stop and watch them. They move so stealthily, you blink, and there they are, nose to nose with you with just the glass in between, LOL !!!
    Haha yeah. Pat so far is pretty laid back. Like i said, took 2 shots at the gal but hasnt tried anything with me except to climb on me. I plan on doing removable cage perches. An outfit called Specialty Enclosures does nothing but GTP and ETB/ATB cage stuff. He prints everything out on a 3d printer. Makes anything from 1 piece removable perch setup for neonates tubs all the way to water bowl mounts and no spin perch holders.

And yeah, Pat is pretty stealthy when he's out. He was out the first night. Then i fed him yesterday and last night he was happily curled up on his plant and this morning i found him curled up on a perch lol.

So interesting how different they are from the boas. I'm like a kid learning all over again haha. I mean I've had boas for years and I know them but never had an arboreal snake except Allison the JCP but she was different lol.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 12-31-2017 at 02:49 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

zina10 (12-31-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    Mine shed a few weeks back now and I swear she got that much more green. I also am insane to think this but it almost seems like she gets green as she gets aggressive for food. Weird but that's the way it looks. Then again I am more concerned about my fingers than her colors during feeding lol!Oh, I know you are wanting a planted tank but if not I saw someone use those dog training pads as substrate. Thought that was a brilliant idea to soak up extra water and contain waste. In fact I saw it on that site you gave me for accessories.
    Oh yeah, I've had a few guys tell me about the puppy pads for substrate. I used ReptiChips as I had a bock laying around. Stuff holds humidity good and since it's such a small cage, its pretty easy to just scoop it out with my hand and throw in new stuff when needed.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 12-31-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Oh yeah, I've had a few guys tell me about the puppy pads for substrate. I used ReptiChips as I had a bock laying around. Stuff holds humidity good and since it's such a small cage, its pretty easy to just scoop it out with my hand and throw in new stuff when needed.
    If there is one snake species I would go ALL OUT on making an amazing, naturalistic display cage for, it would be a Green Tree Python. You can go as lush, jungle-y and gorgeous as you want, and as long as the perches are removable (or most of them) its still so easy to maintain. They aren't bulldozers like Ball Pythons, or shy like them.

Truly, it ends up being a gorgeous "living picture", you can just stare at it for hours. I consider it "art" for the house !!
    Zina

17. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (12-31-2017)

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast