Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,135

3 members and 3,132 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Okay guys, it's that time... Advice?

I didn’t wanna make a new thread so, here we go.

I sold dewey’s old hides recently and would like to thoroughly sanitize them before I send them out. I soaked and washed them with some soap and hot water to start- but I was wondering if I could also use my F10 to get a deeper clean.

The only reason that I’m cautious is because they’re a bit porous and I don’t want any F10 that gets into the material to pose any harm to the buyer’s animals. Is it okay to spray them down?

Thanks!
    Dewey
    He ain't scare of no things

Thanks
    Thanked 9,859 Times in 4,779 Posts
    Should be fine as long as you disclose it to the buyer.

When I purchase used stuff like that I run it through the dishwasher on the "sterilize the baby bottles" cycle.

Thanks

Re: Okay guys, it's that time... Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by elleon View Post
    The disinfecting ingredient in Listerine is called Chlorhexidine, and is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and safe for reptiles. I bought some on Amazon, diluted it according to the directions, and let it soak for 15-30 minutes. When I deep clean the tank, not just spot clean, I remove all the hides and decor, remove the bedding, wash everything with soap and water, rinse very very well, spray with chlorhexidine and let it sit, then rinse really well again before putting in new bedding and putting his hides and stuff back. F10 is similar to chlorhexidine, and both can probably be bought online.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
    Egad...I know resurrecting a dead thread is often silly...but couldn't leave this one alone. Listerine (https://www.listerine.com/mouthwash/...ve-ingredients) is not chlorhexidine.

Chlorhexidine is a surgical-grade antiseptic. Listerine is mouthwash which is 21% ethanol. I'm not saying one is "better" than the other for snakes...heck, I just use dish soap and hot water. But accuracy is important!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12