Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,666

2 members and 2,664 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks

Re: Dumerils Boas are NOT terrestrial

Quote Originally Posted by MD_Pythons View Post
    What temps are you getting with that setup? I'd bet this is something as simple as your boa trying to get somewhere warmer.
    No worries about that, i am now an experienced snake keeper. I keep the temperature for my Dumerils boa as the same as for my BCI who actually need a bit more higher temperature than my Dumeril. But anyway, in my enclosures (except for my GTP) the warmth comes from the ground not from the above as i use only belly heating. So when he needs warmth he stays on the ground on the hot side. And he climbs his tree branch only at night when the heat source is off.
    Last edited by Dutti; 12-24-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Re: Dumerils Boas are NOT amphibious inverbrates, with long sboutsz

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    ...if nothing else, Dutti's threads give me something humorous to read on the toilet...
    I was actually on the toilet when I began debating about which fauna classification Dumeril Boas are, which they are clearly terrestrial tetrapods.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (12-24-2017)

Banned
    Thanks

Everyone please notice how these 2 members craigafrechette and Godzilla78
    who are saying that they are reading my threads while they are on the toilet, how they are taking this forum to a very low level of discussions. Admins should take a note of that. Its not about me or my threads, its about the level of discussions in this forum.
    Last edited by Dutti; 12-24-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks
    Ok, but like the way you say stuff. 'Dumerils Boas are NOT terrestrial', like it's fact and even say that them being terrestrial(which they are) is false information. And then when someone who knows what they're talking about comes along and shuts you down it's 'I never said it was fact' and 'oh I was just sharing my opinion, I'm not an expert'. I highly doubt you're an experienced keeper based on the false information you're constantly sharing on this site and the incorrect setup of your animals.

Why is his heat source turned off at night?
    Last edited by PythonBabes; 12-24-2017 at 01:39 PM.
    1.0- Pastel het Pied- Khaa

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PythonBabes For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (12-24-2017),MissterDog (12-24-2017),PokeyTheNinja (12-26-2017),SDA (12-24-2017),silverdreams (12-25-2017),Starscream (12-24-2017)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PythonBabes View Post
    Ok, but like the way you say stuff. 'Dumerils Boas are NOT terrestrial', like it's fact and even say that them being terrestrial(which they are) is false information. And then when someone who knows what they're talking about comes along and shuts you down it's 'I never said it was fact' and 'oh I was just sharing my opinion, I'm not an expert'. I highly doubt you're an experienced keeper based on the false information you're constantly sharing on this site and the incorrect setup of your animals.

Why is his heat source turned off at night?
    No one was able to shut me down. Its the other way around.. I provided the evidences. That,s why those 2 members got frustrated and lost all arguments and resorted to insults.
    Snakes are cold-blooded animals. They will regulate their body temperature. At night the tempreture drops in the wild, there is no sun at night. That,s why i turn his heat source at night off. And all depends on the season and the temperature outside and in the room. For example, the heat source for my BCI remains in sommer 12 hours on during the day and 12 hours off during the night, while in winter 14 hours on during the day and 10 hours off during the night. And sometimes in winter i make it 16 hours on and 8 hours off. So if you turn the heat source off during the night, you have to make sure that the temperature does not drop below the recommended night levels. I use timeclock or what ever you call it to turn the heat source on and off, never do it manually as you could easily forget it.
    Last edited by Dutti; 12-24-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    At first I just assumed you were not quite understanding written inflection in replies by English speaking posters but now I actually fear for the health of your animals. Knowing that you have some more delicate animals like GTPs, I fear some of them are living on the edge of negligence.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

PokeyTheNinja (12-26-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutti View Post
    No one was able to shut me down. Its the other way around.. I provided the evidences. That,s why those 2 members got frustrated and lost all arguments and resorted to insults.
    I was a) not arguing, that comment was my first, and b) not insulting anybody. I find the back and forth between the OP and the experienced keepers to be comical.
    Soooo....I definitely wasn't frustrated nor proven wrong. Nice try, though. Also, a few short videos hardly constitutes evidence. I can dig up a video of a beached whale, that isn't evidence of a terrestrial being.

Anyway, I hve not broken any rules of the TOS. That being said, have a wonderful day.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

PokeyTheNinja (12-26-2017)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    I was a) not arguing, that comment was my first, and b) not insulting anybody. I find the back and forth between the OP and the experienced keepers to be comical.
    Soooo....I definitely wasn't frustrated nor proven wrong. Nice try, though. Also, a few short videos hardly constitutes evidence. I can dig up a video of a beached whale, that isn't evidence of a terrestrial being.

Anyway, I hve not broken any rules of the TOS. That being said, have a wonderful day.
    Yes but you should not tell someone you are reading his thread while on the toilet. What are you trying to say? Is this the level of discussions we want to have in this forum? Have a nice day also

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutti View Post
    Yes but you should not tell someone you are reading his thread while on the toilet. What are you trying to say? Is this the level of discussions we want to have in this forum? Have a nice day also
    I enjoy light reading on the toilet, nothing uncommon bout that

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (12-24-2017),PokeyTheNinja (12-26-2017)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    At first I just assumed you were not quite understanding written inflection in replies by English speaking posters but now I actually fear for the health of your animals. Knowing that you have some more delicate animals like GTPs, I fear some of them are living on the edge of negligence.
    None of my animals were sick. I took my BCI only once to the vet because he had constipation. All of them are healthy and flourishing. Thank you for your concern.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast