Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,103

3 members and 3,100 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

feeder cages outside

Hello guys,
    Right now I keep my feeder mice and rat inside the house, I want to relocate them to the garden but the problem as I see it is the stray cat including my own cat that prefer to stay outside.
    How can I keep the wooden rack outside without the cats flip it over and destroy the rack & eat them all?
    There a lot of cats, around 20.
    I've got my own devil cat, my neighbors that have like 7 and some stray cats that coming for the food.

Any suggestions will help me out, ill be glad to know how do you keep the rodents wooden rack safe if its outside! (can't build anything at the garden)

Thanks
    I would get a shed of some kind or build some makeshift protective barrier. I would worry more about the elements killing the rodents since they wouldn't be able to get out of the weather, either too hot or too cold.

Another problem I see is wild rodents becoming attracted to the smell and becoming a nuiesencec to you and a potential carrier of diseases for your own stock.

Thanks

Re: feeder cages outside

Quote Originally Posted by Ba11er View Post
    I would get a shed of some kind or build some makeshift protective barrier. I would worry more about the elements killing the rodents since they wouldn't be able to get out of the weather, either too hot or too cold.

Another problem I see is wild rodents becoming attracted to the smell and becoming a nuiesencec to you and a potential carrier of diseases for your own stock.
    I've got 20" height glass fish tank that I keep my baby boa there.
    Can mice escape from the top with 20" height?
    They can climb the silicon at the corner and escape?
    Let's say it'll be around 15" height if I put some decoration for them to feel safe or shouldn't I put high decoration...

I intend to keep 10 - 15 female at the fish tank with a male.
    I know it won't be maximum number of litters but I can't find another way to put them at the garden without solid heavy 65 gallon fish tank.

Edit:
    The weather around 68-86f all yea, at August it can go to 100 but I can put fan at the top of the tank as my friend do. (put at the shadow, not straight under the sun)
    Last edited by doronxl7; 12-26-2017 at 03:14 PM.