Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,604

1 members and 2,603 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts

Bulls, Cows, Chickens, Ducks!

Not only do I have a whole bunch of snakes that I really enjoy but I also have a bullpen full of animals out on my land, nothing like living the dream! You may have seen a previous video, here's an update... The video starts out with my two Black Angus bulls getting frisky! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDE1uw9jF2c

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cchardwick For This Useful Post:

Ba11er (12-21-2017),tttaylorrr (12-21-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Bulls, Cows, Chickens, Ducks!

ahhhhhhh i love cows!!! one of my favorite animals! when you walked up to the pretty brown one i was like "PLEASE PET HER!!!" hahaha.

near the end, that one black cow had tears falling down from her eyes: why is that? i'm just curious.

great video!!!
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Ba11er (12-21-2017)

Thanks
    Not sure why they tear up in their eyes once in awhile, I'm thinking it's maybe the stemmy hay that they dig through, or maybe it was because that bull's eye was irritated from face fighting the other bull LOL. I did actually pet that brown cow off camera, she is a Jersey milk cow and her name is Iris. I raised her from a bottle and she still thinks I'm her mama.

I try my best to tame down the young calves so they don't grow up to be aggressive. I had one bull calf that was born out on the range away from people. When I brought him back to the bullpen he was so wild that he was very dangerous. I ended up selling him because of it. Now I have all my cows have their calves here at the bullpen and I tame them down so they imprint on me. Then the following year I run them out on pasture away from people in most cases. Right now I have 11 cows, 13 ducks and 4 chickens! I could sit out there all day long and just watch all of them interact.
    Last edited by cchardwick; 12-21-2017 at 03:11 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cchardwick For This Useful Post:

Ba11er (12-21-2017),tttaylorrr (12-21-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Bulls, Cows, Chickens, Ducks!

Quote Originally Posted by cchardwick View Post
    Not sure why they tear up in their eyes once in awhile, I'm thinking it's maybe the stemmy hay that they dig through, or maybe it was because that bull's eye was irritated from face fighting the other bull LOL. I did actually pet that brown cow off camera, she is a Jersey milk cow and her name is Iris. I raised her from a bottle and she still thinks I'm her mama.

I try my best to tame down the young calves so they don't grow up to be aggressive. I had one bull calf that was born out on the range away from people. When I brought him back to the bullpen he was so wild that he was very dangerous. I ended up selling him because of it. Now I have all my cows have their calves here at the bullpen and I tame them down so they imprint on me. Then the following year I run them out on pasture away from people in most cases. Right now I have 11 cows, 13 ducks and 4 chickens! I could sit out there all day long and just watch all of them interact.
    tell Iris she is beautiful and i love her.

excellent post. you truly are living the dream!!! i hope to have enough land to own cows one day.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks
    I actually have six acres up here, I think they are on about a half an acre so eventually I'm hoping to use their composted manure to make some fertile ground and plant some grass for pasture. The hardest part will be putting up fencing that's strong enough to contain the bulls. We actually back up to millions of acres of wilderness so if these cows get out they could be lost for months (or longer). That's one reason I use custom ear tags with my name and phone number LOL. My neighbor lost his cows and he looked for them for three months before he found them.
    Last edited by cchardwick; 12-21-2017 at 03:26 PM.