Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,414

1 members and 3,413 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Have A Question

Thanks

Have A Question

Not having a Burm for such a long time, I have a question. Many years ago I had a normal Burm and pretty much knew what to expect with it once it was full grown as far as it's size. Now fast forward to today. With my recent acquisition of a granite male burmese python, do they on average obtain the average size of a normal male burmese python? I've read conflicting information on granites where some people call them "junk" due to they just don't grow big due to their genetics to they are no different than a normal. I finally concluded with all that I was able to find that granites are no different than normals, they will obtain their size based on their genetics, environment, and feeding. Was I right in my conclusion or is the granite gene a possible precursor to smaller in it's size? Myself I really don't care if it max's out at 5 feet or 12 feet. Either way, it will get there in a sensible time with a sensible feeding schedue. Thank you for any observations you may have experienced.

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Re: Have A Question

Quote Originally Posted by Momokahn View Post
    Not having a Burm for such a long time, I have a question. Many years ago I had a normal Burm and pretty much knew what to expect with it once it was full grown as far as it's size. Now fast forward to today. With my recent acquisition of a granite male burmese python, do they on average obtain the average size of a normal male burmese python? I've read conflicting information on granites where some people call them "junk" due to they just don't grow big due to their genetics to they are no different than a normal. I finally concluded with all that I was able to find that granites are no different than normals, they will obtain their size based on their genetics, environment, and feeding. Was I right in my conclusion or is the granite gene a possible precursor to smaller in it's size? Myself I really don't care if it max's out at 5 feet or 12 feet. Either way, it will get there in a sensible time with a sensible feeding schedue. Thank you for any observations you may have experienced.
    Ive never heard of such a thing myself. Its only a pattern. I actually read on another forum they are thicker bodied and i call baloney on that too.. They're a Burm, not a Dwarf or Hybrid of any kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (02-15-2018)

Thanks

Re: Have A Question

I've heard this too, however I have seen pictures of giant granite Burms so who knows. You got me wondering how big my Burms parents are too. Gonna ask the guy I bought her off if he can find out from the breeder.
    0.1 CB17 Pearl Burmese Python - Kaiju