Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,076

2 members and 3,074 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    Sounds great !!!!

I'm very happy for you and Dexter

And you'll see, before you know it you won't even be able to tell that anything was ever wrong with Dexter..
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (03-03-2018)

Thanks
    Things continue to look good for Dexter... He ate a good size weanling rat on Monday and kept it down just fine! The Mystic Ball Python that got an RI around the same time Dexter started regurgitating is also doing well. She finally started eating for me and has eaten for the last 4 weeks in a row (live, of course)! Very happy to see both of these guys back on track and grateful for the experienced I gained from nursing them back to health (thanks to you guys)!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aedryan Methyus For This Useful Post:

Timelugia (03-15-2018),zina10 (03-15-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    That is awesome, great news !!!!

Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    I haven't read through this whole thread but I thought I'd give an update on my ball python regurgitation issue. I changed up my male rotation and breeding schedule, so instead of pairing up and rotating males every five days with weekends off I pair up five days and then give them 3-5 days off. I'll separate and then feed and after feeding not handle any snake for at least 3-5 days. Seems to have stopped all of my regurgitation issues. Apparently some snakes were sensitive to being moved or paired up within 1-2 days after being fed. Problem solved!

Thanks

Unhappy

Well... Dexter regurgitated again today... He did have (at least what I would imagine was) a stressful feeding experience 2 days ago, though. I have been feeding him live small rats and at feeding time on Tuesday he had a bad strike and wrap on the rat. The rat escaped and Dexter ended up biting, wrapping and death rolling himself and wouldn't let go. Surprisingly, he didn't draw any blood on himself and he didn't seem to be injured when he finally let go... I offered the rat again later on and he successfully ate it without any problems. To add to the stress, his tub had needed switched out prior to feeding, because he had urinated. I didn't want to switch it out while he was in feed mode, so I waited until a couple of hours after he ate. It was a quick and simple as picking him up and placing him into a fresh clean tub. So, I don't know how stressful that could have really been... Anyway, given Dexter's regurgitation history, I didn't know if this whole incident could have been the cause this time or not...

So... Dexter has been eating and holding down food without regurgitating ever since 1/29/18. However, he hasn't defecated since 12/26/17 and that was just a little bit. He had taken a massive dump on 12/09/17, though... I know it's not that unusual for Bloods to go months or sometimes even over a whole year without defecating, but it concerns me a bit. Even though Dexter has been eating every 7 days since I got him past his previous regurgitation issues you can still see his spine more than what I feel looks healthy and he always looks like he has "sausage butt". Temperatures and humidity have been perfect and none of my other Bloods, Sumatrans or Borneos (in the same rack) have had any problems and they all defecate on a fairly regular basis (apx. once per month)...

My senses tell me this snake has a digestive problem and I don't know what to do about it. There wasn't a puddle of liquid around the regurgitated rat this time, so hopefully he didn't lose too much Flora? I'm going to start treating his water with Nutribac again and take him off of food for 6 weeks then once again start him back on very small meals and slowly work him back up to normal size meals again... What do you guys think is wrong with this snake?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,842 Times in 4,771 Posts
    I would have him checked for parasites.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (06-01-2018),Bogertophis (05-31-2018)

Thanks
    Do you really feel like this could be a parasitic issue even though he hasn't regurgitated since 1/11/18 and has been keeping meals down since 1/29/18? I wonder if the 3 Panacur treatments the vet gave me back on 1/18 are still good. I had decided to not give them to him at that time. I'll have to call the vet on that one... Having him checked for parasites would be very difficult since he isn't defecating...

Thanks
    If there happens to be anyone, who followed this thread that would care to read about some new developments with Dexter and offer any insight, here is a link:

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...=1#post2632590

Thanks.

Thanks
    *sigh* Well... After having relieved Dexter of his impacted urates and giving him 3 precautionary Panacur doses a few weeks ago and slowly building him back up to small rats again after his last regurg, he regurgitated once again. He had even taken a nice healthy poop shortly before this time. I'm beginning to wonder if he didn't get get some kind of internal injury that time he threw himself out of my hands and fell on the floor. He landed on soft padded carpet, but still... I really don't know what to do for him at this point. Aside from the fact that I love this guy, he isn't growing properly and before too long the female will be up to breeding size and isn't going to have a boyfriend after the looong wait. I guess i'm going to have to be searching for another male Matrix Het T+ or possibly an Ivory that i'll be able to put with her. At this point, i'm back to keeping Dexter off of food for a month once again. Is there anything else you guys can think of that I can do for him?

Thanks
    Thanked 19,740 Times in 11,797 Posts
    You mentioned treating his water with Nutribac & I think that's probably spread WAY too thin to help him much. I'd have added it to food, so you know he
    really got a meaningful dose. But since he's been regurgitating solid food, if that was my snake (& I've kept many kinds but not these), I'd give him a modest
    amount of water-thinned Gerber's chicken babyfood with Nutribac added to it: it's WAY more digestible than a solid rat for an irritated stomach, & it might help
    him get both the nutrients & Nutribac he needs to recover. Tube-feeding* isn't that hard & can be done gently...it's NOT the same thing as "force-feeding"
    (solid) food, which I'd never do. (*I'll be happy to offer some tips if you like?)

Afterthought: has he been X-rayed? (checked for internal blockages- tumor? -malformed G.I. tract? etc)
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 08-31-2018 at 01:00 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (09-10-2018),dr del (09-04-2018)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast