Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,709

0 members and 2,709 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: A few of my venomous.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Thanks.

Once my Naja siamensis sheds I'll take a photo since you like Naja spp. I'm waiting until I can find annulata again.
    Yeah, I miss my Naja every day, such cool animals. Water cobras are really nice, I have never kept annulata but they are formidable snakes.

When I get back into it after a few years, I will probably start with N.h.legionis. That iridescent black is something else.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Najakeeper For This Useful Post:

Neal (04-12-2018)

Thanks
    Very nice animals.
    Keep it safe!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VenomWorx For This Useful Post:

Neal (04-12-2018)

Thanks

Very awesome. Its hard to pick a favorite.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EDR For This Useful Post:

Neal (04-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'll have to take photos of my new squam.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Neal For This Useful Post:

Team Slytherin (04-13-2018)

Account Disabled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post

Thanks. I mean I don't free handle per say, but I do deal with them, more so the cobra I have which isn't picture because he's in shed. I'll take him out, and let him roam around a bit, and I have grabbed him towards the tail to slide him or re-position him, but I do it with great caution. I don't really put my hands on the vipers because I find them highly unpredictable, but if I have to I have the pin tool and tubes so that I can do it safely.

I just find I read my cobra really well, although he's a spitting cobra, he has never spit at me, and he rarely hoods, sometimes he does a partial but never a full hood.
    Hopefully you're never in a situation where you'll ever need it, but do you have some sort of emergency plan if something were to go wrong or some antidote/anti-venom?

Venomous snakes are definitely the most interesting snakes in my opinion, but have always been curious how owners keep them and handle them. I enjoy my corn snakes sometimes over my big guys just cause how much easier they are to handle and interact with. Can't imagine my heart rate around a venomous snake lol.

But awesome collection and all the best to you and your snakes! Thanks for sharing, I think all of us would love to continue seeing more of your snakes.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsnacks View Post
    Hopefully you're never in a situation where you'll ever need it, but do you have some sort of emergency plan if something were to go wrong or some antidote/anti-venom?

Venomous snakes are definitely the most interesting snakes in my opinion, but have always been curious how owners keep them and handle them. I enjoy my corn snakes sometimes over my big guys just cause how much easier they are to handle and interact with. Can't imagine my heart rate around a venomous snake lol.

But awesome collection and all the best to you and your snakes! Thanks for sharing, I think all of us would love to continue seeing more of your snakes.
    Yea, now that I've actually been practicing with my new camera though I need a new lens I should be able to take better photos. Also my new cell phone takes really good photos. I just haven't had much time lately to do any photos.

As far as an emergency plan, I have bite protocols for everything I own, however regarding my 2 A. Squamigera and N. siamensis they don't have specific anti venin. They can use Echis Polyvalent for the Squam, and they use a different cobra antivenin for my spitting cobra. The bite protocols tell the ambulance and hospital step by step what to do and lays out everything. They also contain contact numbers for various people.

I would recommend everybody who owns venomous have these as it could be the difference between life and death. I've never been bit, but I've had my two vipers lunge at me several times, so I'm super cautious.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Neal For This Useful Post:

Hamsnacks (04-13-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12