Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,993

0 members and 1,993 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: Advertising

Thanks

Advertising

Where do you advertise? I posted on CL and got mostly a lot of responses but of course, I got something like this today.

"
    Justine B <dc0d3750943931c8b7f017c7efd5592a@reply.craigslist.org>
    10:11 PM (52 minutes ago)

to p4xjs-64242043.

This is very inhumane. These mice have no way to protect their young and they’re in a cramped environment. You shouldn’t be promoting “feeder rats”. These mice deserve a life and a chance just like any other pet. Please do the right thing and find these mice a safe home with people who will keep them as pets. Snakes and many other animals belong in the wild and by you breeding these mice you’re supporting the breeding of snakes. There’s 1000s of homeless animals in shelters in this city. Please do not breed."

I bet she has a dog and a cat.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts
    She "belongs in the wild," as she puts it.
    Last edited by Godzilla78; 12-14-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks

Re: Advertising

lololol She can go save the gazelles from the lions in Africa. I saw some posting on eBay for frozen mice. Do you ship frozen feeders by propak styrofoam containers? What are the shipping cost? I assume it has to be express or 2 day shipping at most?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    For some reason I can't see the Craig's List ad on the first post... If you are breeding feeder mice to sell you may want to check with your local reptile shops. I have one shop that says they will take all my live or frozen rats and mice up to 300 per week! I also have a snake breeder friend who will take any extra I have. Once you find someone who can take that many you can sell just about everything you can produce.

Thanks

I hope I can find that opportunities. How was your pricing? I assume not $2.00 per mouse.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    Well I don't really make much money wholesaling rodents to breeders or pet stores but I do unload them fast. I'm getting $1.50 for a small rat, $2.00 for a medium rat (frozen) and $2.00 for a live mouse. If you had the time to tame a few rats down you could handle them so they are friendly and sell them as pets, I've seen pet rats sell for up to $25 each. A lot of breeders will also breed a few fancy mice to sell for pets.

Thanks

That would be great to tame them but I idea would be more like passive income. Give them enough food for the week, and check on them weekly. I only deal with mice cause they are ugly and take up less space in my place. If I had more room and experience I would go for rats too possibly. Do people really make more on rats than mice?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    You should expect some of those messages. I would simply delete them and ignore it. Everyone who offers any food animal at all will get those. If you're selling a puppy then you'll get messages about how evil you are. If you're rehoming, then you're evil for not being a 'forever home' for the poor furbaby. People are ridiculous. Accept it. There's always one.(or a dozen)
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "