Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,910

1 members and 2,909 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: Sunglow Boa

Thanks

Sunglow Boa

I’m looking to purchase my second boa here in the near future and I’ve really fallen for the Sunglows. Do you all have any recommendations on a breeder who has them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1.0 Catahoula (Easton)
    1.0 Chocolate Lab/Weimeraner (Gunner)
    0.1 Black Pewter het Albino (Arya)
    0.1 BCI (Kaiya)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Talk to Matt Cook. I was talking to him a couple nights ago about getting a moon or snow from his next litter as i snoozed on the female super moon he had this summer. Anyways, he said he should have a lot of sunglows in a few months ranging from normal sunglows to coral stuff. I would shoot for one of his coral sunglows if you can. They are freakin awesome.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Re: Sunglow Boa

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Talk to Matt Cook. I was talking to him a couple nights ago about getting a moon or snow from his next litter as i snoozed on the female super moon he had this summer. Anyways, he said he should have a lot of sunglows in a few months ranging from normal sunglows to coral stuff. I would shoot for one of his coral sunglows if you can. They are freakin awesome.
    What would be the best way to contact him? I tried to google him but I’m not sure I’m finding the right person/breeding facility.

I’ve been on the fence between lipstick and corals. From what I’ve read, lipsticks really hold those orange hues which I really love. But corals have some type of pink blushing I think? Idk I haven’t seen much about them. Both are beautiful animals though!

1.0 Catahoula (Easton)
    0.1 BCI (Kaiya)

Thanks
    You can find him on FB. He's one of the mods for Boa Constrictor Keepers.

A lipstick is a line bred sunglow from Tom Burke.

And yes, true lipsticks tend to hold more color and corals have the blushing. Here is my lipstick/EBV sunglow at 4 years old and she has held her colors pretty good.

And her in shed and you can still see her colors.

Oh and this is her as a baby.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 12-13-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Thanks

You can find him on FB. He's one of the mods for Boa Constrictor Keepers.

A lipstick is a line bred sunglow from Tom Burke.

And yes, true lipsticks tend to hold more color and corals have the blushing. Here is my lipstick/EBV sunglow at 4 years old and she has held her colors pretty good.

And her in shed and you can still see her colors.

Oh and this is her as a baby.
    Oh wow her colors still look fantastic. Slight distortion in the oranges of course but those yellows REALLY came through with age. Have you gotten to see or own a coral? I’m curious to see how their colors match up as adults.

I’ll look into both guys on Facebook and hopefully get in contact soon thanks.

1.0 Catahoula (Easton)
    0.1 BCI (Kaiya)

Thanks
    I think corals are either from the lipstick line or related to it somehow. Corasl don't hold as much pattern contrast as they age, but get orange / peach / pink blushing as their background color (kinda replacing / over the yellow background in the adult animal above).

With both, it is important to ask for parent pics, etc. Some lipsticks / corals are not as good as others and some have been crossed with other lines and people keep calling them corals / lipsticks.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to artgecko For This Useful Post:

Codil7 (12-14-2017)

Thanks
    I dont own a coral. Coral is from kahls. There is no sharp coral. Looking at the parents of a sunglow can help some but since it is a hypo albino, unless the breeder was breeding 2 sunglows to try and shoot for possible super sunglows, it wont really help. Like my sunglow was from a Tom Burke Lipstick sunglow male to an EBV Red Group hypo het albino female. So technically when i bought her, she was sunglow possible super. And coral isnt something you can look at the parents and know what the babies will look like. This might help explain it better. http://www.boamorph.com/id32.html

And i did think about picking up a coral from Matt but i've always been a junkie for white snakes so I'm going for either a snow or moon from him.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 12-14-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Thanks
    Oh and all albinos will yellow to an extent. Its just the nature of the beast unless you are buying a Princess Diamond which is a leucistic boa. Even sharp stuff yellows up but you usually have a better chance of it holding its colors or its whites. But there isnt too many Snowglows out there as most people work with kahls as they are cheaper than sharps but with all the work on them, they now look almost as nice as some sharps.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Codil7 (12-14-2017)

Thanks

I dont own a coral. Coral is from kahls. There is no sharp coral. Looking at the parents of a sunglow can help some but since it is a hypo albino, unless the breeder was breeding 2 sunglows to try and shoot for possible super sunglows, it wont really help. Like my sunglow was from a Tom Burke Lipstick sunglow male to an EBV Red Group hypo het albino female. So technically when i bought her, she was sunglow possible super. And coral isnt something you can look at the parents and know what the babies will look like. This might help explain it better. http://www.boamorph.com/id32.html

And i did think about picking up a coral from Matt but i've always been a junkie for white snakes so I'm going for either a snow or moon from him.
    Ok I checked out that link. So pretty much what I got from that, is the corals are going to be a complete toss up in extremities as far as coloration goes. Some with really intense blushing, others not so much. But I guess that holds true to really any morph. My ideal snake would look like Groovy Girl but like they said, she was the least pretty of the litter and didn’t show that intense coloring until well over 2 years.

I think my safest bet would be going with a lipstick sunglow so that I know the coloration I’m aiming for will stay pretty true. The coral would definitely be quite the gamble, but if the adult ended up looking anything close to Groovy Girl, there’s not a snake I’d love to have more.

1.0 Catahoula (Easton)
    0.1 BCI (Kaiya)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Codil7 View Post
    Ok I checked out that link. So pretty much what I got from that, is the corals are going to be a complete toss up in extremities as far as coloration goes. Some with really intense blushing, others not so much. But I guess that holds true to really any morph. My ideal snake would look like Groovy Girl but like they said, she was the least pretty of the litter and didn’t show that intense coloring until well over 2 years.

I think my safest bet would be going with a lipstick sunglow so that I know the coloration I’m aiming for will stay pretty true. The coral would definitely be quite the gamble, but if the adult ended up looking anything close to Groovy Girl, there’s not a snake I’d love to have more.

Cant go wrong with either imo. You dont specifically have to look for a "lipstick' line. There are plenty of just 'normal' sunglows that look awesome and hold color well. Lipstick, like i said is just a line breed from Tom Burke. Its like salmon is a line breed of hypo from Rich Ihles. You just want to find the brightest baby you can and if the parents are sunglows, take a look at them.