Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,321

2 members and 3,319 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Champagne VS Ivory

I've had my eye out for a white / cream pale snake and really like Ivory, however recently I've seen some nice looking super pastel champagnes too - just wondering if the super pastel champagne stays mostly white like the Ivory or if it still browns up with age.
    No cage is too large - nature is the best template - a snoot can't be booped too much

Thanks
    If you want a white snake that stays white, stick with ivory, black eyed leucistic, blue eyed leucistic, white diamond, or possibly some variation on a pied (spider pieds, spieds, are a clean white with color on the head for instance).
    1.0 Pastel Lesser Pinstripe 50% Poss Het Clown 2017
    0.1 Pastel Lesser 2016

0.1 Proven Breeder Human
    0.1 Human Infant

1.1 Felis Catus

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nathanhimmerich For This Useful Post:

Crowfingers (12-12-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    An ivory would be a cleaner white from what I’ve seen. The only way to get brighter white would be a fully white pied combo like a white wedding.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

Crowfingers (12-12-2017)

Thanks

Re: Champagne VS Ivory

That's what I thought, I'm just not familiar with champs so I thought I'd ask. I really like the faint grey head and yellow line on the Ivory...it is just going to be my last snake so I want to be 100% on the choice. Funny thing is, I thought for the longest time that I'd be looking at pieds as my final snake - but when I saw my first Ivory in person I was immediately in love! Now just need to find the perfect noodle
    Last edited by Crowfingers; 12-12-2017 at 08:28 PM.
    No cage is too large - nature is the best template - a snoot can't be booped too much

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    An ivory would be a cleaner white from what I’ve seen. The only way to get brighter white would be a fully white pied combo like a white wedding.
    Or a Lesser Mojave

Also possible Pastel??
    Last edited by PitOnTheProwl; 12-12-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks

that is nice - I personally need something with dark eyes though. Not a fan of blue-eyed animals, but the white is super nice and clean on that one

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    yeah, (Super) Pastel Champagnes will get sandy yellow as they age. some Ivories do gain a yellow tint tho.

another suggestion, if you're not interested in a BlueEL animal is a BlackEL like a Super Fire. sometimes they're completely white but often come with yellow splotches along their spine and head. look at this very cute example:

have fun BP shopping.

RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Crowfingers (12-13-2017),Godzilla78 (12-13-2017)

Thanks
    I have an ivory and would recommend it. Slightly purple hues on the head but not as intense as super Mojave with a tad of fluorescent yellow highlight around the face and down the spine. Another cool feature is the red pupils. I’ll admit that I like the super flame with the orange blotches but have a feeling this is not the look you are after. Ivory is an excellent addition.
    Nothing

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybugzcrunch For This Useful Post:

Crowfingers (12-13-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    yeah, (Super) Pastel Champagnes will get sandy yellow as they age. some Ivories do gain a yellow tint tho.

another suggestion, if you're not interested in a BlueEL animal is a BlackEL like a Super Fire. sometimes they're completely white but often come with yellow splotches along their spine and head. look at this very cute example:

have fun BP shopping.

That is just too cute to describe! I think Ivory is definitely where I'll go... I really want a female (for the size mostly), but the males are a tad less pricey...decisions...decisions
    Last edited by Crowfingers; 12-13-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybugzcrunch View Post
    I have an ivory and would recommend it. Slightly purple hues on the head but not as intense as super Mojave with a tad of fluorescent yellow highlight around the face and down the spine. Another cool feature is the red pupils. I’ll admit that I like the super flame with the orange blotches but have a feeling this is not the look you are after. Ivory is an excellent addition.
    I don't mind the blotches particularly, I just want a nice bright snake that does not brown / fade with age. I have a cinny mojo and he was sooo sharp and dark as a hatchling but has faded to brown with slightly darker brown. All his yellows are now tan, even his silver eyes have darkened. I still love him and he is a wonderful pet, I just also want something that is exactly what I want...if that makes sense. He was my first constrictor, just a pet with a good personality for requirements...so I'm ready to add visually pleasing to the list
    (but still with a good personality)
    Also, I had heard that females and pieds were more prone to fasting (which made me uneasy), but this guy has gotten me over than since he hit 2 years old lol