Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,407

2 members and 3,405 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: If I knew then what I know now..

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    I actually have been looking at super dwarfs. They are super reasonable in price (no pun intended lol). Bob Clark even breeds them and while his prices are always high I would love to own one of his snakes.
    I would also check out Shannon Roepke at Ethereal Exotics and Mike Zosso. They both work with lots of SD stuff and make some awesome looking stuff.

If you can handle a boa, you can handle a SD retic fine. They stay thinner that boas, just a little longer and obviously more active. The biggest thing to prepare yourself for is how much they can piss and poop lol. And the biggest downside is their pushing sometimes. That single thing has been the source of my worry for Caesar. His lip was fat and i was so stressed he broke a tooth and it didnt go down for about a week. Well it turns out, he was going into shed at the same time so his head did the shedding swell which made the face look even worse lol. Now the swelling is down and he is being his antisocial shed self and all dull. I went to check on his face and lifted his hide and pulled him out and threw him over my shoulder. He sat there and gave me stink eye the whole time and didnt move lol. His face looked 100 times better and thats when i saw he was going into shed. I put him back and have only seem him a couple times this week when he poked his head to look at me lol.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    I'm about to get another snake soon if weather behaves so another one is a ways away. Funny you mention Mike Zosso, I was just looking at his facebook page before I hopped on here.

Is there a crazy snake lady designation like crazy cat lady. Can I be the female version of that guy from the Patrick Swayze movie Next of Kin that had the bus full of snakes
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (12-10-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12