Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,805

1 members and 2,804 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    LED's - 5050...something like this?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Re: AP T10 - RHP Size

Yep! If you have AP cut a 10mm groove that is exactly what you want. You can cut them to any length to fit the groove and they're marked with a scissors at increment that the can be cut. I think you will be quite happy with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

The Night King (12-10-2017)

Thanks

Bob suggested the same RHP for my T-10 but I went ahead and upgraded to the 80w unit just to be safe. I’d rather have the extra capacity and not need it than the other way around.

I too opted not to go with a UTH, but if it turns out that I need one it’s something I can easily add later.

I didn’t realize they will cut various channel sizes for you. Hmmm.. Now I’m thinking about canceling the LED I ordered from AP and adding my own color changing/dimmable option.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Yep! If you have AP cut a 10mm groove that is exactly what you want. You can cut them to any length to fit the groove and they're marked with a scissors at increment that the can be cut. I think you will be quite happy with them

Thanks bro.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Night King For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (12-10-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNDC View Post
    Bob suggested the same RHP for my T-10 but I went ahead and upgraded to the 80w unit just to be safe. I’d rather have the extra capacity and not need it than the other way around.

I too opted not to go with a UTH, but if it turns out that I need one it’s something I can easily add later.

I didn’t realize they will cut various channel sizes for you. Hmmm.. Now I’m thinking about canceling the LED I ordered from AP and adding my own color changing/dimmable option.

David can you tell me more about the temp environment that your units will be set up in? Is it similar to mine?

• Main living area of home
    • temo well maintained - stays 68-70 during GA summers and 70-72 during some cold winter months for us. Not much deviation.

TNK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Night King View Post
    David can you tell me more about the temp environment that your units will be set up in? Is it similar to mine?

• Main living area of home
    • temo well maintained - stays 68-70 during GA summers and 70-72 during some cold winter months for us. Not much deviation.

TNK
    Upper level spare bedroom, sitting on a wooden desk. Ambient room temperatures are the same as yours, upper 60's to low 70's year around.

I'm not too concerned, worst case scenario I can just add a small space heater into the room but I really don't think I'll need it. My Herpstat has no problem at all maintaining whatever temp I have it locked at with the existing setup. The room get's hit with a full wall of sun most every day, in fact that's the one room in the house I always struggled with cooling off. Go figure..

Is your concern that you're not going to have enough ambient heat though-out the cage or that you won't have belly heat?

Thanks

No I was just wondering if I need to upgrade the RHP to something stronger than Bob recommended. Not sure what the cost upgrade is but the whole project is a relatively hefty expense so trying to be frugal where I can..still have to buy a herpstat 2 and a TV Stand for the AP T10.

Bob quoted $98 + $15 shipping for my wattage. I wonder what the cost increase is for the higher wattage RHP?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Night King View Post
    No I was just wondering if I need to upgrade the RHP to something stronger than Bob recommended. Not sure what the cost upgrade is but the whole project is a relatively hefty expense so trying to be frugal where I can..still have to buy a herpstat 2 and a TV Stand for the AP T10.

Bob quoted $98 + $15 shipping for my wattage. I wonder what the cost increase is for the higher wattage RHP?
    I just figured I'd rather have it and not need it than the other way around.

Total price out the door shipped directly to Animal Plastics for free installation was $133.90. Mine was the very next size up from what he quoted you, I believe it's 80w?

Edit: Don't forget Craigslist, Nextdoor and FaceBook market place for that TV stand!
    Last edited by DavidNDC; 12-10-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries
    On a side note I love AP enclosures, I just hate the back order time. I need to get one last one for my horned viper, for now he's in a showcase cage, but I'm not really a fan of it, so I want to get an AP for him so I can sell that cage.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    On a side note I love AP enclosures, I just hate the back order time. I need to get one last one for my horned viper, for now he's in a showcase cage, but I'm not really a fan of it, so I want to get an AP for him so I can sell that cage.
    Agreed. They are absolutely fantastic to deal with, I just wish they could get the product out faster. A good problem for them I suppose.

Hell, I'd even be willing to pay a reasonable premium for expedited cutting & shipping. Like "Animal Plastics Prime" lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast