Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,194

0 members and 3,194 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Axel Progression Thread!(Another)

I am making a new Progression Thread...

Okay, so, I am pretty sure everybody knows Axel, but I am gonna give alittle bit of information about Axel.

He is about 4-5 months old and he is my very first snake. When I first got him he was about 2-3 months old and he has been weighed, he does need weighing again, but my weighing scale batteries kind of died, last time I weighed him he was 83 grams.

He is now eating awesomely and he is doing will, though, he has not shed yet, which I think that's kinda weird because I haven't seen him shed once ever since I got him. I do not know the last time he has shed because they messed up the chart.
    I got him from Petsmart.

Anyways, an update for everyone!

Like I've said before, he is eating Awesomely and he hasn't shed (Which I think he is about to go into shed because his belly is getting kinda pink and yes I have been making sure his Heat Mat isn't getting to hot. So, I think he is going to shed.)

He is doing great with handling and I (knock on wood) haven't got bit yet. lol
    I will share pictures of holding him.

I have many reason why I made a new Progression threads, but anyways that's all about this thread and I will (hopefully) get back to y'all.

Thank you!
    Ball Pythons: 0.0.1 Axel/ Leopard Geckos: 1.0 Demyx/ Dogs: 0.1 Butterfly, 0.1 Prissy, 0.1 Shelby 10. Vortex/ Cats: 0.1 Izzie, 0.1 Isabella/ Chicken: 1.0 Big Red

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Axel28 For This Useful Post:

Sambo76 (12-09-2017),tttaylorrr (12-09-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Axel Progression Thread!(Another)

great to hear, but i came here for the pics, darnit!!!

you had troubles getting him to eat before, so he's probably a bit behind schedule with a shed. no worries though, just watch that belly and get ready to up humidity.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Axel28 (12-10-2017)

Thanks

Hello, I will be posting again on this thread, that includes photos. lol

I will post some photos Thursday night.

But, anyways, Axel is doing GREAT, He has had another shed!! This would be his second shed with me and it went very well!! He weighs 130 and he does excellent will eating!! Um, he also poops well! Lol.

Anyways, I would like to ask a question.. since Axel now weighs 130, do I need to up him to a medium mouse or keep him on a small?

Thank you and I hope you have a good rest of the day!!
    Ball Pythons: 0.0.1 Axel/ Leopard Geckos: 1.0 Demyx/ Dogs: 0.1 Butterfly, 0.1 Prissy, 0.1 Shelby 10. Vortex/ Cats: 0.1 Izzie, 0.1 Isabella/ Chicken: 1.0 Big Red

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Axel28 For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (02-27-2018)

Thanks

I would try and get him onto fuzzy rats (perfect prey has fuzzys between 10-19 grams, and your snake should be able to handle around 13-15 grams easily). Mice are ok - but he still needs prey that is around 10% of his total body weight until hes older. Rats are more nutritious and it will be easier to feed once hes an adult. (1 rat versus 3-4 mice).

As long as he is healthy and not underweight now - I'm guessing if he is as old as you say, he was probably thin from being at the pet store - then you can try and switch him now. it's easier when they are young and always ready to eat.

Also, if your worried about size of prey, I had good luck calling perfect prey on the phone and asking if there was any way to get the smaller end of the weight rage when mine out grew weaned rats but could not yet handle the high end of the small rats. They are great and offer smaller quantities of prey if needed.
    No cage is too large - nature is the best template - a snoot can't be booped too much

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowfingers For This Useful Post:

Axel28 (02-28-2018),dakski (02-28-2018)

Thanks

I second switching to fuzzy rats if you can get ahold of some! You’ll want to switch over eventually and it’s better sooner then later

If not if you can find some medium mice on the smaller end of the spectrum it would be okay but if you can’t find any it’d be better to go a little smaller then to big

I’m glad to see Axel is doing well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluuWolf For This Useful Post:

Axel28 (02-28-2018),dakski (02-28-2018)