Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,492

4 members and 3,488 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Insulation for incubator?

Pretty soon I'll be starting a new job that'll give me quite a bit more free time to get some projects done. I'm thinking about building an incubator that can handle several clutches, and be like a piece of furniture. Most likely I'll build it with cherry lumber for the outside built around a framework of 1x1 or 1x2, depending on the insulation thickness. Then line the inside with a moisture proof sheeting, probably 1/4" pvcsheeting or something of the sort. Add a couple of closeable vents to let the air exchange without fully opening it up and letting the warm air out. Probably have a glass window on the door to peep in for the same reason. And probably have a little fan up too pointing down to keep the air circulating.

My question, what kind and how much insulation would be good? Foam sheeting, fiberglass, or something I haven't thought of yet?

I know incubators are pretty simple and I'm over complicating a bit. But why not make it nice as I can, if I can.
    I still have a good bit of time to get started as I don't have room where I'm currently at, but I want to get it all planned out and any issues addressed before they can become issues.

Thanks,
    Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Get a mini fridge or small freezer or large ice chest.....
    Then build your "show piece" around it.