Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,209

3 members and 3,206 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: I'm so sorry, but this happened.

Should be right for the feeding as long as you have her all setup correctly in the next day or two to settle in.
    4.5 Chinese Beauty, 1.0 White Sided Rat, 0.1 Suboc, 0.1 Stillwater Hypo Bull, 1.0 50/50 Cal King, 6.7 Corns, 1.2.1 Ball Python, 2.1 Tarahumara Boa, 5.14 BCI, 1.0 Jaguar Carpet, 1.2 Retics, 0.1 Wolf Snake, 1.2 BCC Suriname, 1.1 Ridleyi Beauty, 0.1 False Water Cobra, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 5.4 Parrots, 0.1 Cat, 1.0 Horse

Thanks
    Didn’t think it went through the first time so double posted oops.

Shes a pretty girl! You are going to want a second soon. Boas are definitely a favorite for me.
    Last edited by chip07; 12-04-2017 at 12:11 AM.
    4.5 Chinese Beauty, 1.0 White Sided Rat, 0.1 Suboc, 0.1 Stillwater Hypo Bull, 1.0 50/50 Cal King, 6.7 Corns, 1.2.1 Ball Python, 2.1 Tarahumara Boa, 5.14 BCI, 1.0 Jaguar Carpet, 1.2 Retics, 0.1 Wolf Snake, 1.2 BCC Suriname, 1.1 Ridleyi Beauty, 0.1 False Water Cobra, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 5.4 Parrots, 0.1 Cat, 1.0 Horse

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chip07 For This Useful Post:

GpBp (12-04-2017)

Thanks
    I was going to post this earlier, but I'm getting worried. When I left my house this morning, her warm side was only at 73°F! I left about 6 hours ago, but I haven't had a break to post this. I could try to run home and plug it in again if I really had to. Do I keep it unplugged or plug it back in?
    ¹.⁰ ᵖᵃˢᵗᵉˡ ᵇᵃˡˡ ᵖʸᵗʰᵒⁿ ⁻ ᵍᵉⁿᵒ
    ⁰.¹ ᶜᵒⁿᵈᵃ ʰᵒᵍⁿᵒˢᵉ ⁻ ᵏᵒᵛᵃ

¹.⁰ ᵖⁱⁿˢᵗʳⁱᵖᵉ ʰᵃʳˡᵉqᵘⁱⁿ ᶜʳᵉˢᵗᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶜᵏᵒ ⁻ ᵖᵒᶜᵏᵉᵗ
    ¹.⁰ ᶠˡᵃᵐᵉ ᶜʳᵉˢᵗᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶜᵏᵒ ⁻ ᵇᵉᵃ

Thanks

Can you pick up a dimmer later? it isn't as "smart" as a thermostat but they can be used to regulate UTHs in a pinch. It'll take a bit of adjusting but it's better than nothing. Something like this should work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MD_Pythons View Post
    Can you pick up a dimmer later? it isn't as "smart" as a thermostat but they can be used to regulate UTHs in a pinch. It'll take a bit of adjusting but it's better than nothing. Something like this should work.
    Thank you! Ill make sure to. If I can Ill try to run and get one, but it'd probably once I get out of here. 2 hours or so. Would that be too long to wait or should she be fine until then?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
    ⁰.¹ ᶜᵒⁿᵈᵃ ʰᵒᵍⁿᵒˢᵉ ⁻ ᵏᵒᵛᵃ

Thanks

I don't know much about boas, but I imagine that it would be fine until you can get a dimmer later today. Also if you want to make your boa feel more secure I would black out the sides of the tank. This can be done by taping some black paper to the sides of the tank ( make sure there is no tape inside the tank ) . I used some poster board, but construction paper will work.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MD_Pythons For This Useful Post:

GpBp (12-04-2017)

Thanks
    Dimmers work well for a situation like this. You should be able to find one at walmart, home depot, or maybe even a pharmacy.

Boas are great. Usually very hardy and social. Just go easy on the feeding schedule. It will be hard, because boas tend to "beg" for food, but stick to a schedule and she won't grow too quicly or become obese.

Who did you purchase her from? If you bought her from a re-seller or big dealer (like LLL) she could be CA, but might be a normal BCI, so just keep the size potential in mind. You should know in a year or two though, the CAs tend to stay a lot smaller, even with a good feeding schedule and properly sized food. My CA is a LOT slimmer and smaller than my common hypo BCI.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    Dimmers work well for a situation like this. You should be able to find one at walmart, home depot, or maybe even a pharmacy.

Boas are great. Usually very hardy and social. Just go easy on the feeding schedule. It will be hard, because boas tend to "beg" for food, but stick to a schedule and she won't grow too quicly or become obese.

Who did you purchase her from? If you bought her from a re-seller or big dealer (like LLL) she could be CA, but might be a normal BCI, so just keep the size potential in mind. You should know in a year or two though, the CAs tend to stay a lot smaller, even with a good feeding schedule and properly sized food. My CA is a LOT slimmer and smaller than my common hypo BCI.
    Thank you, I'm on my way now! Honestly, even before I got my ball python I had a hugr thing for boas. But it was a no since I'm still living with my mom and she HATE (ed) boas with a passion. But she also liked this girl The breeder claimed she was a BCC, and I do believe him. Because he really seems to care about his animals. Hes a small local business and was able to confidently provide all the info we needed

⁰.¹ ᶜᵒⁿᵈᵃ ʰᵒᵍⁿᵒˢᵉ ⁻ ᵏᵒᵛᵃ

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GpBp View Post
    The breeder claimed she was a BCC, and I do believe him. Because he really seems to care about his animals. Hes a small local business and was able to confidently provide all the info we needed
    I don't see anything about that boa that looks BCC, looks like a Bi (BCi), probably with a heavy central american locality.
    Good luck with your new baby! boas are awesome
    For the Horde!

Thanks

Really? (BCC is central American, right? I'm not good with these abbreviations lol) and thank you! And hows this for a name: Pax? The roman goddess of peace?

⁰.¹ ᶜᵒⁿᵈᵃ ʰᵒᵍⁿᵒˢᵉ ⁻ ᵏᵒᵛᵃ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast