Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,794

1 members and 2,793 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Re: ball python bit by mouse

Quote Originally Posted by em_24 View Post
    well i really hope it doesn't end up that he will only take live. This incident scared the heck out of me and the last thing i wanted was for him to be hurt under my care.
    Just another take on things ... over here in the gloomy UK - feeding live is frowned upon and to be honest I don't know of anyone who does it .

For my part , I've had snakes for many years and currently have a collection of 20 including 5 Royals/Balls , Boas , Burmese python , King snakes , Rat snakes , Corn snakes and a Reticulated python - I've fed everyone since the very first day I started on thawed frozen mice and rats with no issues whatsoever ....

As with most things there is always more than one way to achieve the target .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Quahog (12-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Then you should be at my house !!

I feed frozen/thawed and its always rather "adrenaline inducing" to feed them. I'm trying to hold the rat on the long hemostats on one hand and open the tub with the other hand. Problem is they are SO ready and waiting , I can't move the rat in front of them fast enough.

Had more then one snake hang halfway out of the tub wrapped around the rat. They SHOOT out of the tub, snapping. It gets real interesting if they didn't get the rat right off and keep coming at me, LOL.
    Many of mine are very , VERY keen like yours but they are all 'drop feeders' thankfully ... so it's just a case of dropping it in at the side where the snake isn't waiting ... it's quite an art .

Only the Royals need to have the mouse/rat dangled in front of them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

zina10 (12-06-2017)

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Then you should be at my house !!

I feed frozen/thawed and its always rather "adrenaline inducing" to feed them. I'm trying to hold the rat on the long hemostats on one hand and open the tub with the other hand. Problem is they are SO ready and waiting , I can't move the rat in front of them fast enough.

Had more then one snake hang halfway out of the tub wrapped around the rat. They SHOOT out of the tub, snapping. It gets real interesting if they didn't get the rat right off and keep coming at me, LOL.
    Mine are the exact same way! I tell them 'calm down, it's not going anywhere sheesh' lol
    For the Horde!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

zina10 (12-06-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12