Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,382

1 members and 1,381 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

1st Litter Coming Soon

Nov 19th I notice the mice were making a lot of squeaking which I realize they were breeding. Within 8 days I notice the females are much larger. By the 10th day they are the size of golf balls, I been giving extra protein in the form of cheese and tofu which I read in other forums. I predict between 8-10th of Dec they should be dropping their litters. 6 days before the estimated date, they look like lumpy big balls of fur. If they keep growing would it mean they are going to have large litter size? They look to be 2-3 times the size of the male.

Thanks
    Usually a mouse with a large litter in her will look bigger than a girl with a small litter in her, but it's impossible to tell exactly how many until they come out. I've had litters of as few as 6 and as many as 20. It's pretty common for them to look like golf balls before they give birth.
    ~ Ball Pythons - Rosy Boas - - Western Hognose Snakes - Mexican Black Kingsnakes - Corn Snakes ~

Check me out on iHerp, Instagram, & visit my store!

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pregnant females will look like they swallow a golf ball it does not necessarily means a larger than average number of babies.

As forf ood if you feed the right food there is not need for anything else, people that do so are generally pet owner/breeder who to start with do not feed an adequate food with the right level of protein.

Since I assume you breed for food based on your ID feeding the proper food from the start is really what you need to aim for since feeder breeders and pet breeders have a very different life.

You can have a successfully colony feeding the right food, not providing any extras or supplements for libido (as mentionned before) if you know what you are doing all that is unnecessary and will ultimately drive your cost up.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    I estimate was wrong for the first female she gave birth at 12/3 1 am a litter of 6. I assume the other two will be soon probably before 12/8. I currently give them veggies leftovers, pasta, rice, flour, cheese, and tofu. Also, I give them a pig ear to wear their teeth which I like because it's big and cheap and it takes them a while to chew it up. I use to give them a large dog biscuit and its gone in one day and half. I couldn't find wooden blocks.