Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,362

0 members and 1,362 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Petrie and her love bite (one question)

So this is my little girl Petri. Now a few weeks ago i decided that I would take her out to see how she was doing. Well apparently even tho she ate a few days ago she was still hungry and tried to eat the wrong pinkie (aka my finger and not a mouse lol) well of well, yes it stung a bit but I just laughed it off, my own mistake blah blah blah, I still love her *mutters about evil snake*
    So anyway getting to my point, the bite is healing rather oddly. I thought it would just fade away, i cleaned it, it didnt get infected all that good stuff, but instead its bumped up. Never had a boo boo do that. Oh and the pic above is her eating a few days ago, she can be a good girl ^_^

Left is the day is happened and right is today, is this normal? Oh and If this is in the wrong spot feel free to move it, it does have a pic of her in it tho and I can post more of her

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts
    this is probably a lingering skin irritation from the snake's saliva. since the wounds seem to have closed already, i'd say just keep an eye on it and keep the area clean. if it doesn't go away i'd consult a doctor.
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 12-01-2017 at 03:22 PM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Re: Petrie and her love bite (one question)

I had a similar thing a few years ago and it was some teeth that were working their way to the surface !
    My wife dug them out carefully with a scalpel and it healed quickly .. press over the painful area and see if you can see some teeth under the skin !!

Worth a try anyways - although I suppose it could be just infected ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (12-01-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I had a similar thing a few years ago and it was some teeth that were working their way to the surface !
    oh jeeze i never considered that. OP it might be worth some poking and prodding on your finger to check.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    oh jeeze i never considered that. OP it might be worth some poking and prodding on your finger to check.

wow quick replies everyone thank you, went to bring fire wood in and there are answers!

And I just tried right now to "pop" one of the bubbles and nothing came out but clear liquid (no signs on infection or puss) and when i push on the other bumps it just feels tender. I'v never had a tooth stuck in my pinkie before so not sure how it would feel but it dosnt feel like anything is in it, just a bump.

Edit: It looks like someone took a scar, and just made a lump out of it.
    Last edited by LadyCalypso; 12-01-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    I got a splinter doing house cleaning the other day and I just this morning got the splinter removed. It looks horrible and much worse than your little bumps. So, I would venture to say that if you had teeth in your skin it would blister or puss up more than that as your body tried to attack them. I bet anything it is a small allergic reaction to the bite. If it starts to get red and tender around the little blister areas I would see a doctor for possible infection but if not I would just let it heal.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    I got a splinter doing house cleaning the other day and I just this morning got the splinter removed. It looks horrible and much worse than your little bumps. So, I would venture to say that if you had teeth in your skin it would blister or puss up more than that as your body tried to attack them. I bet anything it is a small allergic reaction to the bite. If it starts to get red and tender around the little blister areas I would see a doctor for possible infection but if not I would just let it heal.

I think your right, I actually just popped the 7 bumps open and poroxided it and cleaned it with soap and water, no teeth in there. I think like you said it just didnt agree with my skin, so now it looks like a few hour old bite again and I"ll just have to remember to keep it cleaner then i did last time as it heals up again.

And as I said before sorry it this was in the wrong place or maybe even a dumb question but i was just wondering. first time being bit by a snake so never dealt with it before.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCalypso View Post
    And as I said before sorry it this was in the wrong place or maybe even a dumb question but i was just wondering. first time being bit by a snake so never dealt with it before.
    no need to apologize, and there are no dumb questions. the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.
    4.4 ball python

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Na , I reckon you've probably hit the nail on the head with your idea tbh

Thanks

no need to apologize, and there are no dumb questions. the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.
    And that is very true Hubby just called on his lunch and I told him i cleaned it out again and said I was gunna change Petri's name, he suggested Gemma from SOA, looks cute and innocent but has a nasty bite haha

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Na , I reckon you've probably hit the nail on the head with your idea tbh

I agree with you, i didnt find no teeth just clear liquid and blood.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast