Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,953

1 members and 2,952 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Baby blood Possible Mouth Rot?

So I recently purchased a baby blood python, Not the rescue one I was offered, and she seems to be developing some kind of respiratory infection. I got her out today to give her her occasional bath and she started making little snake fart sounds, But soon after I noticed that it was from small bubbles coming out of her snout. I quickly got a q-tip and opened her mouth, not finding anything alarming although I've never dealt with mouth rot or any other issues, and she seems fine other that the bubbling. She did her usual pee on anyone besides me and decided to do all of her potty works while I rinsed her in the sink, So nothing alarming there. So overall, the only concerning thing was the bubbling which I haven't seen since her very brief bath. Thanks, -Rhys. Also, if this is serious in any manner I will take her to a vet but i'm just coming here for a second opinion.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,842 Times in 4,771 Posts
    Yes blowing bubbles is typically a sign of RI. I would call the vet tomorrow to make an appointment.

In the meantime bump up the heat and humidity in the enclosure and leave her alone.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (11-27-2017),Rhys (11-26-2017)