Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,062

2 members and 3,060 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Just an update on these lovers... The girl had a nice full shed and emptied out shortly after my last post on 11/25. I examined her and she is looking great, but doesn't appear to have any bulging and I couldn't feel anything in her. After I stuck her back in she was very active and looking out the front of her tub a lot. I stuck the boy back in with her and he immediately began courting her. I witnessed another lock around 5:00 AM this morning and they are still locked up. Hopefully the timing was right this time!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Re: Possibly My First Gravid Ball Python Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Aedryan Methyus View Post
    Just an update on these lovers... The girl had a nice full shed and emptied out shortly after my last post on 11/25. I examined her and she is looking great, but doesn't appear to have any bulging and I couldn't feel anything in her. After I stuck her back in she was very active and looking out the front of her tub a lot. I stuck the boy back in with her and he immediately began courting her. I witnessed another lock around 5:00 AM this morning and they are still locked up. Hopefully the timing was right this time!
    Dont get disappointed just because you don’t get eggs right away, it can take a long time for the female to build and it doesn’t sound like you know where she is at in the building process. My first experience I had locks every month for around 8 months before I got eggs, I started around this time last year and didn’t get my eggs until May. Just keep pairing once a month and continue to feed her weekly if she’ll take it. She’ll build and eventually you should get a nice healthy clutch, sometimes you just have to be patient though. Good luck.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (11-27-2017),Aedryan Methyus (11-27-2017)

Thanks
    Yeah... This is her first time and mine as well. Maybe I should enroll us in Lamaze classes, huh? lol An ultrasound machine would sure make the process a lot easier...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Aedryan Methyus For This Useful Post:

rufretic (11-27-2017)

Thanks
    Once again, there is some "not so wild n' crazy" snakey poo lovin' going on in my snake room... lol So, now I have witnessed locks on 9/15, 11/08, 11/27 and 12/13... Cross your fingers for me!

Thanks
    So, these guys were locked up for a whole day on 12/13 then I separated them again... The female then spent the whole next 3 days coiled up on the cool side and now she's on the hot side. Any idea what that could mean?

Thanks
    This girl is still spending most of her time on the cool side... No one knows what this means?

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

This girl is still spending most of her time on the cool side... No one knows what this means?
    have you reviewed this page that Deborah linked for you earlier? http://ballpython.ca/breeding/
    Hanging out on the cool end is usually when they are building.
    (Or her warm end is too warm but I assume that's not the case)
    For the Horde!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (12-19-2017),rufretic (12-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

It probably means she has not ovulated yet and is still just building. After she ovulates she will not be interested in the male anymore and will start hanging out on the warm side to start cooking the eggs. As said before, building can take a long time, be patient. Just continue to introduce the male once a month and keep an eye on her. If you witness an ovy or notice she’s on the warm side then your probably getting closer but for now you may have a while to wait still.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (12-19-2017)

Thanks
    Cool... Thanks you guys. That's what I was hoping! Maybe next time they lock she will go...

Thanks
    Well... These two are still goin' at it like rabbits... lol Last time they were locked up for 3 days straight! I just stuck him back in with her last night and I decided to take a couple quick pics of them locked up this time. Cindy Lou is doing GREAT! Since I put her on live rats when I started breeding these two, she has shot up from 1,661 grams to 2,400 grams!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast