Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,067

2 members and 3,065 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Out together

Thanks

Out together

Hey everyone!

Just a little update first on my new baby Bumblebee Het G-stripe girl Lily Dragon after having her for over a week now and just wanted to say she’s doing great so far! First feed(and her first frozen at that!) was a success and she does well with handling so far!

Now, I just wanted to ask a question, and I hope it’s not a dumb one, but can I have Lily Dragon and Pua out at the same time?

I did have them out during weighing, but I tried my best to keep them away from each other in fear of Pua seeing Lily as a snack or something, especially him being much older and much bigger than Lily.
    Would Pua hurt Lily or vice versa if they’re out together, crawling all over each other or me holding them simultaneously? They are NOT being cohabbed and I do NOT plan to ever do that but I’m just wondering if them being in close vicinity during handling or photos for short periods of time with me in the room?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Out together

Quote Originally Posted by JustinGatCat View Post
    Hey everyone!

Just a little update first on my new baby Bumblebee Het G-stripe girl Lily Dragon after having her for over a week now and just wanted to say she’s doing great so far! First feed(and her first frozen at that!) was a success and she does well with handling so far!

Now, I just wanted to ask a question, and I hope it’s not a dumb one, but can I have Lily Dragon and Pua out at the same time?

I did have them out during weighing, but I tried my best to keep them away from each other in fear of Pua seeing Lily as a snack or something, especially him being much older and much bigger than Lily.
    Would Pua hurt Lily or vice versa if they’re out together, crawling all over each other or me holding them simultaneously? They are NOT being cohabbed and I do NOT plan to ever do that but I’m just wondering if them being in close vicinity during handling or photos for short periods of time with me in the room?

I don’t see anything wrong with letting them explore and hang out together. But like any other animals, just keep a watchful eye out. I doubt “snacking” would be an issue haha just make sure neither of them are stressing each other out and you should be fine.

1.0 Catahoula (Easton)
    1.0 Chocolate Lab/Weimeraner (Gunner)
    0.1 Black Pewter het Albino (Arya)
    0.1 BCI (Kaiya)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    After quarantine wouldn't be a problem but I'm guessing that never happened.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (11-17-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,842 Times in 4,771 Posts

Re: Out together

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    After quarantine wouldn't be a problem but I'm guessing that never happened.
    Yeah it's a bit late now.

Typically you want to keep a new arrival completely separate from your established collection for a minimum of 90 days, longer if the new critter ends up sick (the 90-day clock restarts once the snake and all signs of illness are gone). So, they should be in different rooms with their own set of equipment, feeding tongs, bowls, hides, spray bottles, etc. so there's no chance of cross-contamination. Only handle the new one when you can take a bath afterward.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...antine-process
    Last edited by bcr229; 11-17-2017 at 09:22 AM.