Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,496

2 members and 3,494 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Cleaning up an old (wooden) viv!

Hey all!
    So, I'm an avid fan of the Facebook marketplace... and last week a 2ftx4ft viv popped up near me for £15 so I had to have it! As the seller said, the price reflects the condition...

Here it is, now at the bottom of our stack. I want to get some boxes that will fit in the gap between it and Wanda's viv to store stuff in neatly. It had to go on the bottom becuase it is ALOT bigger than the vivexotic vivs!

The stack... Wanda is second, Cinnamon third, and then on top is Hecate the leo gecko I'm loving my extra storage space, even if I do need a step ladder to reach Hecky now!

I think the animal that lived in here was a smoker... there is a very nice layer of yellow across the top of the viv! First things first is to remove that tape I think!

And a look at the other side... it has a red bulb and guard in it, but I'm probably going to take it out. The wire has been cut to it anyway, and I like my ceramics lol!

The glass dosen't come out so it was a bit difficult to clean the panes with my short-arse arms, but I got them cleaned up pretty good!

And it only took a bit of elbow grease to get the yellowing out!

I also washed the vents off as well... bonus of the grimy water!

I've left it now for the night to dry out, and tommorow's job is to scrape the rest of the old poop out (What fun I get up to ) and then give it another once over with disinfectant. Then I think I'm going to give the back board a new coat of paint to seal it up, and then hot glue the vents in and also the runners for the glass. The tub that's in it at the moment will eventually be the buttsucker's baby tub, so I'm going to set up a heat mat in there at some point as well, but I haven't decided if I'm going to drill holes yet for wires, or just stick a ceramic in there like the rest of my vivexotics. The world is my oyster!
    1.1 Humans (Dom & Cait)
    0.1 Normal Ball (Wanda 'Booper') 0.1 Pastel Ball (Peaches)
    1.0 Spider Ball (Cinnamon) 1.0 Caramel Ball (Mars Bar) 1.0 Butter Sucker (Orion)
    0.1 Leopard Gecko (Hecate)
    0.3 Cats (Loki, Meg and Maisy)
    0.0.2 Goldfish (Sushi and Spot)
    0.2 Chickens (Lottie and Tiffany)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Booper For This Useful Post:

BallPythonWannaBe (11-17-2017),Godzilla78 (11-17-2017)