Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
I still think taping an UTH to the outside lid of a decent sized tub would act as a makeshift RHP. I guess because of limited access into a tub that wouldn't work. Maybe if it is long enough cut the lid in half and glue down some hinges?
I still think a CHE and plastic make bad bedfellows. Do you guys who use CHEs with tubs fashion a makeshift screen? If so, doesn't that sort of turn it into the same issues as a screen top glass tank?

Look at me asking silly questions about tubs.
The UTH kind of works -- it's just not as effective. I'm using one on my cold side for that right now, since it's pretty chilly inside. I'm hopeful that this new dome I have will allow me to remove it.

On the CHE side, that's basically the short of it. It doesn't have the humidity issues of a tank because only that small area beneath and about an inch around the CHE dome is a screen -- the rest is still plastic and holding in humidity and heat for you. You're still going to be using higher-humidity substrates, and turning it over every week or so, but I've never had to mist.