Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ


» Current Poll

Would you like a section to share video links?
Sure, I'd use that.
49.09%
No, keep them separate and off the site.
1.82%
Not really bothered one way or another.
32.73%
Did that fat Scotsman just eat my pizza?!?
23.64%
Total Votes: 55
You may not vote on this poll.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 61,266
Threads: 233,408
Posts: 2,415,356
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, Aniaprzybocki

View Poll Results: Does pineapple belong on pizza??!!

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

    49 61.25%
  • Ah heck no

    31 38.75%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55
  1. #31
    Registered User craigafrechette's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-27-2017
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    5,397
    Thanks
    6,517
    Thanked 3,949 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Ok, took me a while to weigh in on this.
    Seeing as I cook for a living I should be able to answer this almost definitively, but obviously not everybody is going to like the same food. I mean, there are people who don't like ANY seafood. I can't go 3 days without eating seafood.

    Soooo...back to the pineapple on pizza debate:
    I originally tried a "traditional" Hawaiin pizza years ago and didn't really care for it...but then....I tried it from a local pizza shop who has an unusually sweet sauce (orange soda is the secret ingredient in their pizzza sauce... sshhhhh!!) and it ROCKED!!!!
    I've since tried it with:
    Banana peepers added - yup, delicious!!!
    Bacon instead of ham = awesome!!!
    BBQ sauce in place of pizza sauce = solid.
    BBQ, bacon, banana peppers = soooooo good!!!
    My favorite is the sweet pizza sauce, pineapple, bacon and banana peppers....and now I'm hungry!!!
    Last edited by craigafrechette; 01-13-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    ...life is beautiful...

    "Every man dies, not every man really lives"
    - Braveheart

    "If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead"
    - Layne Staley, Alice In Chains

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to craigafrechette For This Useful Post:

    dylan815 (01-13-2018)

  3. #32
    BPnet Veteran Godzilla78's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-18-2016
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    1,705
    Thanks
    2,436
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 804 Posts

    Re: Does pineapple belong on pizza??!!

    Licorice pineapple pizza is the best.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #33
    Registered User dylan815's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-16-2017
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked 176 Times in 119 Posts
    Images: 3

    Re: Does pineapple belong on pizza??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Ok, took me a while to weigh in on this.
    Seeing as I cook for a living I should be able to answer this almost definitively, but obviously not everybody is going to like the same food. I mean, there are people who don't like ANY seafood. I can't go 3 days without eating seafood.

    Soooo...back to the pineapple on pizza debate:
    I originally tried a "traditional" Hawaiin pizza years ago and didn't really care for it...but then....I tried it from a local pizza shop who has an unusually sweet sauce (orange soda is the secret ingredient in their pizzza sauce... sshhhhh!!) and it ROCKED!!!!
    I've since tried it with:
    Banana peepers added - yup, delicious!!!
    Bacon instead of ham = awesome!!!
    BBQ sauce in place of pizza sauce = solid.
    BBQ, bacon, banana peppers = soooooo good!!!
    My favorite is the sweet pizza sauce, pineapple, bacon and banana peppers....and now I'm hungry!!!
    Sounds amazing, where did you go to school to be a chef?
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Mainland Reticulated
    1.0 High lines Red Tail Boa

  5. #34
    Registered User Tonald Drump's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-23-2017
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 83 Times in 60 Posts

    Re: Does pineapple belong on pizza??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    I feel like the only way to settle this is to have an Anchorman style battle in a park somewhere
    Remember, no touching of the face and hair!

    Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

  6. #35
    Registered User craigafrechette's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-27-2017
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    5,397
    Thanks
    6,517
    Thanked 3,949 Times in 2,258 Posts

    Re: Does pineapple belong on pizza??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dylan815 View Post
    Sounds amazing, where did you go to school to be a chef?
    I didn't. I started working in restaurants at 14 and just worked my way up. I was actually a bartender for most of 14 years who loved working with food. Then I transitioned to the kitchen about 7 years ago. Now I'm the kitchen manager for 3 small restaurants. It's actually a very unique situation, as all 3 are in one building and all of the food comes out of 1 kitchen.
    ...life is beautiful...

    "Every man dies, not every man really lives"
    - Braveheart

    "If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead"
    - Layne Staley, Alice In Chains

  7. #36
    Registered User dylan815's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-16-2017
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked 176 Times in 119 Posts
    Images: 3

    Re: Does pineapple belong on pizza??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    I didn't. I started working in restaurants at 14 and just worked my way up. I was actually a bartender for most of 14 years who loved working with food. Then I transitioned to the kitchen about 7 years ago. Now I'm the kitchen manager for 3 small restaurants. It's actually a very unique situation, as all 3 are in one building and all of the food comes out of 1 kitchen.
    wow, thats awesome. I think i am going to be going to cullinary school in the fall of next year. I just graduated high school early yesterday.
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Mainland Reticulated
    1.0 High lines Red Tail Boa

  8. #37
    Registered User craigafrechette's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-27-2017
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    5,397
    Thanks
    6,517
    Thanked 3,949 Times in 2,258 Posts

    Re: Does pineapple belong on pizza??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dylan815 View Post
    wow, thats awesome. I think i am going to be going to cullinary school in the fall of next year. I just graduated high school early yesterday.
    Congrats!!!!

    Culinary school is great, assuming that's the career you choose. I absolutely love what I do, however, my only real complaint is the schedule can burn you out. If you're ok working nights, weekends and holidays and not seeing friends and family who work "regular" day jobs it's great.

    It definitely takes a different kind of person to choose this career. I actually love the chaos at times and thrive on it even. You'll have to get used to everybody needing everything 5 minutes ago, multitasking, constant burns and cuts, working 10+hours on your feet without a break, etc...

    But...I honestly love it. Everything above might sound like I'm trying to steer you away, but it's actually just me being real with you. Those are the negatives culinary school and TV won't tell you. If you're prepared for all that and love working with people and working with food it can be a great career. It's always evolving on some levels and will never be obsolete. You'll have work as long as you want.

    Oh, one last thought: I'll be 39 next week and am already noticeably slower than I used to be. But, I've put in my time in the industry and am able to expedite busy nights and don't work the line all that often anymore, which is FANTASTIC!!!
    ...life is beautiful...

    "Every man dies, not every man really lives"
    - Braveheart

    "If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead"
    - Layne Staley, Alice In Chains

  9. #38
    Registered User dylan815's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-16-2017
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked 176 Times in 119 Posts
    Images: 3

    Re: Does pineapple belong on pizza??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Congrats!!!!

    Culinary school is great, assuming that's the career you choose. I absolutely love what I do, however, my only real complaint is the schedule can burn you out. If you're ok working nights, weekends and holidays and not seeing friends and family who work "regular" day jobs it's great.

    It definitely takes a different kind of person to choose this career. I actually love the chaos at times and thrive on it even. You'll have to get used to everybody needing everything 5 minutes ago, multitasking, constant burns and cuts, working 10+hours on your feet without a break, etc...

    But...I honestly love it. Everything above might sound like I'm trying to steer you away, but it's actually just me being real with you. Those are the negatives culinary school and TV won't tell you. If you're prepared for all that and love working with people and working with food it can be a great career. It's always evolving on some levels and will never be obsolete. You'll have work as long as you want.

    Oh, one last thought: I'll be 39 next week and am already noticeably slower than I used to be. But, I've put in my time in the industry and am able to expedite busy nights and don't work the line all that often anymore, which is FANTASTIC!!!
    I definatly understand what you mean about needing things "five minutes ago" and the stress. But i too thrive on the excitement and love the 10 hour days.
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Mainland Reticulated
    1.0 High lines Red Tail Boa

  10. #39
    Registered User craigafrechette's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-27-2017
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    5,397
    Thanks
    6,517
    Thanked 3,949 Times in 2,258 Posts

    Re: Does pineapple belong on pizza??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dylan815 View Post
    I definatly understand what you mean about needing things "five minutes ago" and the stress. But i too thrive on the excitement and love the 10 hour days.
    I'd much rather work four 10-12 hour days and have three days off
    ...life is beautiful...

    "Every man dies, not every man really lives"
    - Braveheart

    "If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead"
    - Layne Staley, Alice In Chains

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to craigafrechette For This Useful Post:

    dylan815 (01-13-2018)

  12. #40
    Registered User c0r3yr0s3's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-14-2017
    Location
    Sanford Florida
    Posts
    621
    Thanks
    1,450
    Thanked 359 Times in 235 Posts

    Re: Does pineapple belong on pizza??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    Licorice pineapple pizza is the best.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just threw up a little bit

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to c0r3yr0s3 For This Useful Post:

    Godzilla78 (01-13-2018)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1